This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hyper hu sngs vs spin n gos

• Falk91
      Falk91
      Bronze
      Hello!
      I have a really hard time deciding which format to focus on. I have previously played a lot off mtt and 9 man sngs but since my son was born I dont have enough time to play these. Therefore I have boiled down my choices to either hu hyper sng or spins. I have tried them both and I have a positive roi in them over a small sample size. I have some questions that would help me decide which one would be worth investing my bankroll and time in.
      Which one off these are the "easiest" to beat considering rake and player field?
      Which one has the highest hourly if you become an average winning player.
      Which one has the lowest variance? (I know that both are high variance games)
  • 6 replies
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Spins have super high variance. But its easier to climb up in limits because in HU Hyper you have to deal with the cartells. They start @ 15s now. Another problem are the GTO bots on higher limits. Especially on euro sites.
      If you think about playing hu hyper or spins than I would play spins in your case. I have played HU Hyper until $15 but I have switched to cash game because it makes no sense for me to keep playing HU Hyper. Its easier to make more money in other formats.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      just play the format you feel good with. There are no cartells and bot on normal pokersites. Both of them are high variance but easy to beat.

greets

maniac
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maniac
      just play the format you feel good with. There are no cartells and bot on normal pokersites. Both of them are high variance but easy to beat.

greets

maniac
      Of course there are bots and cartels.
      On euro sites you will get also problems with bots if you play higher (15s+). Pokerstars is banning bots iPoker for example doesnt give a shit about bots.

Pokerstars cartel lists:

15s:
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16f5UoA-VGdF0y-yUkTDEqC6l4mwiQIGCpFLp_EoOWUY/edit#gid=0

60s+:
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wj3A1A0j31YwspodFCSCufkoKdjvyLTY3NqnSoaiyf4/htmlview?pli=1#gid=0
    • Hopell
      Hopell
      Silver
      Cartel?
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Originally posted by Hopell
      Cartel?
      Its basically group of players that wont play each other and try to bumhunt recreational players. Also if some new reg tries to play same games they might ask him to join same group. If he declines they may start to give him action by sitting him every time he is waiting for opponent. Meaning that new reg will almost always face at least decent opponent which will decrease his profits a lot. Of course if new player is better than most in cartel he can still be profitable but most likely rake and small edge will make it waste of time. Thus new reg will likely either join that group or look for other games making it better player pool for cartel.

Overall sites should just make rule to not allow that sort of crap imo (they probably dont have one?). Its sort of cheating. Table selection is obviously natural part of non anonymous games but going beyond that to "blackmail" other players should not be allowed.
    • Hopell
      Hopell
      Silver
      Ya that seems unfair to the recreational players.