Dealt to Hero 5:club: 4:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.75, fold,

FLOP ($4.50) K:heart: 5:spade: 6:diamond:

check, Hero bets $3.21, SB calls $3.21,

TURN ($10.92) K:heart: 5:spade: 6:diamond: 7:spade:

check, check,

RIVER ($10.92) K:heart: 5:spade: 6:diamond: 7:spade: T:spade:

SB bets $5.19, Hero calls $5.19,

I think he's not folding on turn with his AF so I c behind, river is call or fold?

37/17/

0.5 flop AF
      2.3 turn AF
      inf river AF
  • 6 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      His AF can mean he doesn't bet, but it doesn't necessarily mean he calls a lot tho. Well K-high flop is not the best to 2nd barrel, but there are some players which call flop with everythung and fold to 2nd barrels a lot, then any turn is great to 2nd barrel them on K-high board, I usually make note on such players ;-) . P.S. river I fold, you bluffcatching obv and he can easily have a 7 here, a king, or any other pair, he bets a lot on the river:D
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I am folding on the river. Since he called, it is likely that he had at lease something on the flop. Even any straight draw on the flop improved to better hand than yours until the river.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      I am folding on the river. Since he called, it is likely that he had at lease something on the flop. Even any straight draw on the flop improved to better hand than yours until the river.
      +1
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      +2
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      barrel the turn and fold river unimproved.
      His turn AF has nothing to do with if he's going to call or not. Fold to turn cbet is the stat you should be looking.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      barrel the turn and fold river unimproved.
      His turn AF has nothing to do with if he's going to call or not. Fold to turn cbet is the stat you should be looking.
      You are a bit wrong, AF has much to do with calling range, people with low AF have called more bets than people with high AF, of course it can mean he rarely bets and only calls seldom, but generally it's lower AF = looser calls.

And you are very wrong about turn barrel. I don't see any reason to barrel turn, it's bad board to 2nd barrel, one of the worst, think about his range. He can fold only A5 and only A6, all rest in his turn range is calling. 88-99 calling, TT he 3bet preflop(if not also calling often), all rest is a call.