Spot the donkey

• themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi all this is just for fun has any 1 got any good donkey stories as I have just pot 2 donkeys in my buddy list the 1st was yesterday I had to put in cause he was playing any 2 card I felted him once, and 5 other player felted him but every time he ran out of cash he just rebuy and get felted again his on titan is Inasus so if you spot him just take his cash.

Have fun

If you have a donkey story please tell it here.
  • 13 replies
    • mmanchev
      mmanchev
      Bronze
      :D I nice post lol...

Its really nice to drain the money out of a donkey but I think my best stories are when the donkeys take my money :D

I play NL5 FR on Stars and run pretty well...already playing 2.5 months and have always profit at the end of each month. Started with 5 bucks which I won on a tournie and since then I made them approximately 100, playing an average of 3 hrs per day due to my work. Anyway...yesterday I had 3 nice hands taken by donkeys, one of them is worth sharing:

I am on the CO with AA . A raise comes from mid position to 6 cents, I reraise to 25 cents...the donkey on the button calls my 25 cents, raiser folds.

Flop comes: 78J....I was already pot commited so I went all in, he calls...

Turn comes a 9, river 7

I show AA....donkey shows KTo :D

I was waiting for him to get him...at the end I was the donkey...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Why were you the donkey? You made the right move and he just sucked out on you hitting his gutshot on turn .
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $27,50
      MP2:
      $20,62
      Hero:
      $33,12

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2:heart: , 2:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,25, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,85) 2:club: , 2:spade: , A:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,85) K:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00, BB folds.

River: ($10,85) 6:spade: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $10,85, MP2 calls $10,85.

Final Pot: $32,55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, deuces (2h 2d)
      MP2 shows two pairs, kings and deuces (Ks 8c)

Hero wins with four of a kind, deuces (2h 2d)

That huge turn overbet was like a gift from heaven :D

I was so sure he was going to call my pot-sized river bet, that I actually considered just shoving. That's how big a donk he was. In a later hand, I made a joke about folding a royal flush draw to another one of his overbets, to which he replied "what's a royal flush??"
    • mmanchev
      mmanchev
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Why were you the donkey? You made the right move and he just sucked out on you hitting his gutshot on turn .
      Haahahah this was a joke...but I definitely hate such moments...even though I am running pretty well whenever something like that happens makes me laugh and scream at the same time :D
    • PokerKingMatt
      PokerKingMatt
      Bronze
      On mansion i found a guy heads up played and he was the worst he was on the 1 dollar heads up and i played him 3 times and won then i followed him for about 10 games and he kept moving up the limits trying to ge away from me we played a few 5 dollar heads ups and i won then we played 1 10 dollar and i lost due to a suck out but still was like 25 in profit from 1 guy was great
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I saw the funniest hand ever a few months ago playing live poker. It was heads up action between 2 players after someone in late possition raised and had one called before him. The flop comes 6 7 Q or something like that. The guy in position bets and gets a call from the other player. Turn comes 3, both players check. River shows 10. Now this is where it becomes interesting. The pot so far is about $30-40 (NL $1/$2). Anyway, the player in early possition forgets that there is another round of betting and shows his cards KJ or some shit that was K high. The dealer looks at him and tells him there is another round of betting so the player checks, the second player instantly puts him all-in for his mistake. After thinking for about a minute he decides to call with his K high, not just a small call, about $80-100! The other player looks shocked and shows A 8 and responds 'wtf just happened then?' Everyone at the table was shocked, what did he think he was beating? I have seen some terrible calls but that would have to be the worst.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Well, I've got a few nice ones from pacific

What I love is when true maniacs are added to the game, either they just love spewing chips or they have lost a few hundred to bad beats on higher limits and just come to spew chips at nl6.

Hand 1:

I have AJs, maniac moves all in for the 10th time in the row. My stack is about 12$ (two buyins), maniac has a little more (got lucky). Everyone folds to maniac who moves in, I snapcall from the BB and he flips up J5o, I win.

Hand 2 (another day, another maniac):

I have been playing at the table for a while and have about 15$, there is one nit to my right with 10$ and the maniac has just rebought for 6$ after losing his stack 5 hands in a row. Everyone folds to the maniac who of course moves all in, the guy to my right comes over the top and I look down at AA. Maniac flips over 72o (yes it is unbelievable I know), the nit flips over TT and I end up winning with my aces. I was very pleased that this maniac managed to get a nit to shove in with tens while I was holding aces. I think this was the first pot ever where I have seen the worst starting hand go all in against the best in hold em.

Hand 3 (nit on tilt):

This last one took me by surprise. This time the stacks were really deep, I was sitting with 33$ at the table and he had around 25$. As usual a few limpers, I pick up AA and raise, everyone folds to the BB who shoves 25$ into a 69c pot. One of the midstack limpers calls and I snap call of course and see some otherwise tight player flip over 96s, the limper had QQ. I win a nice pot.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi all just had fun with 2 donkeys on 1 table I had poked 8s late position 2 limper's thought about folding but didn't put in a bet sb & bb fold 2 lippers call I hit my set and the 2 limper went too war all I had to do was call their all in's on a 238 rainbow flop 1st limper had 10,3o 2nd limper had a2o turn 10 river 2. A nice $6 pot not too bad for nl0.2.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      At the moment I fell like a target for all the donkeys as for last 2 hours all my hands have been drawn out on trip k's a's q's and trip 9's every time some 1 hits there flush on the river their tactics where all in on flop i had trips so had to call then bye bye cash What a bitch. well it happens. :( :evil: :rolleyes:
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      this is a donkey play numpty don't do it again (Comment)

Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      31 0 25 12
      BB: $14.35
      5.3 29 26 89

Hero: $35.40

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 2, 2 (Comment)
      7 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) J, T, J (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $3.00, BB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($8.10) K (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.77, BB raises to $10.35 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $24.22

Hi all in this 1 I was the donkey tried a bluff and it back fired.

not the hero but the donkey this time. I had been playing very well up till then a case off over confidence. At least I learned something for this play.
    • 13BlackCats
      13BlackCats
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

$0.25/$0.5 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      MP3 raises, CO calls, BU folds, Hero 3-Bets, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) T, 4, 7 (4 players)
      Hero bets, BB folds, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-Bets, MP3 calls, CO caps, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.00 BB) 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 calls, CO raises, Hero 3-Bets, MP3 folds, CO calls.

River: (19.00 BB) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 21.00 BB.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens (T T)
      CO shows (3 5)
      Hero wins with three of a kind, tens (T T).

:) you've got to love the call/cap gutshot on flop...
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi all I've just found another donkey he was fun to play as he was so loose.

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, T (Comment)
      UTG1 raises to $0.69, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.69, MP3 raises to $1.18, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.08, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.49, MP2 calls $0.49.

Flop: ($4.92) 3, 9, T (4 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $2.46, UTG1 calls $2.46, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $4.92, Hero calls $2.46, UTG1 calls $2.46.

Turn: ($19.68) 2 (3 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks, MP3 bets $5.25 (All-In), Hero calls $5.25, UTG1 folds.

River: ($30.18) Q (1 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $30.18

Hero shows a pair of tens (Kh Th)
      MP3 shows a pair of nines (Ad 9c)

Hero wins with a pair of tens (Kh Th)
      0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, T (Comment)
      UTG1 raises to $0.69, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.69, MP3 raises to $1.18, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.08, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.49, MP2 calls $0.49.

Flop: ($4.92) 3, 9, T (4 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $2.46, UTG1 calls $2.46, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $4.92, Hero calls $2.46, UTG1 calls $2.46.

Turn: ($19.68) 2 (3 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks, MP3 bets $5.25 (All-In), Hero calls $5.25, UTG1 folds.

River: ($30.18) Q (1 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $30.18

Hero shows a pair of tens (Kh Th)
      MP3 shows a pair of nines (Ad 9c)

Hero wins with a pair of tens (Kh Th)

AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $81.35

75 0 60 35
      BU: $12.31
      1.9 31 33 60

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q (Comment)
      4 folds, BU raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $5.00, BB folds, BU calls $3.60.

Flop: ($10.20) 4, 7, J (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $5.10, BU raises to $7.31 (All-In), Hero calls $2.21.

Turn: ($24.82) Q (Comment)
      River: ($24.82) 5 (1 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $24.82

Hero shows a pair of queens (As Qs)
      BU shows a pair of nines (9d 9h)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (As Qs)

(Comment)

AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $12.43

75 0 60 35
      BU: $38.10
      1.9 31 33 60

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J (Comment)
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.60, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.60) 3, J, T (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1.20, BU calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.00) 4 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($8.00) Q (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.00, Hero calls $8.00.

Final Pot: $24.00

Hero shows a pair of jacks (Ac Jh)
      BU shows a pair of threes (9d 3d)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Ac Jh)

He was just so easy to read after playing him for about 2 hour and taking note on his hands and his betting patterns. He was just a total cash machine and for some reason the rest of the table keep folding to his raises even with the hands he was showing 83o 92o 72s just a few examples of his loose plays. But the funniest thing was how upset he got when he lost a hand hevwas trying to insult me every time he lost a hand and all I could do was LMAO :s_biggrin:
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mmanchev
      :D I nice post lol...

Its really nice to drain the money out of a donkey but I think my best stories are when the donkeys take my money :D

I play NL5 FR on Stars and run pretty well...already playing 2.5 months and have always profit at the end of each month. Started with 5 bucks which I won on a tournie and since then I made them approximately 100, playing an average of 3 hrs per day due to my work. Anyway...yesterday I had 3 nice hands taken by donkeys, one of them is worth sharing:

I am on the CO with AA . A raise comes from mid position to 6 cents, I reraise to 25 cents...the donkey on the button calls my 25 cents, raiser folds.

Flop comes: 78J....I was already pot commited so I went all in, he calls...

Turn comes a 9, river 7

I show AA....donkey shows KTo :D

I was waiting for him to get him...at the end I was the donkey...
      From your post I got the impression you played SSS and in that case you definitely made a mistake. The SSS guide tells you to go all in with AA after a raise. Of course you may still lose, but you have a bigger chance your opponent folds. In case he doesn't you would make a bigger profit in 90% of the times.