BSS stack size

• 7 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      If your folding AA pre-flop in a ring game your playing poker for the wrong reasons.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by williamtywong
      with bss, do I ever blind out and change tables if my stack gets to big?

If your stack is 'too big' you are obviously on a soft table........stay there and milk it some more.

What to you regard as 'too big'?
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by williamtywong
      with bss, do I ever blind out and change tables if my stack gets to big?

as well, am I basically willing to go broke with AA preflop regardless of my stack size?
      If you don't feel comfortable with a deep stack i recommend to leave a table. If it don't effect your play and if there is no player with an edge against you who is also deep stay and try to get more money from the bad players.

edit: btw yes i'm willing to go broke with AA preflop regardless of my stack size. Because AA is the best starting hand you can have.
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      good points.

i actually haven't had this situation come up yet (only 1200 hands BSS total). each time i've had a big stack (200BB+) i haven't really faced any threats. But, just figured I'd ask these questions, will happen eventually.

I think I too would go broke with anything for AA, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of rule out there to go against that.

getting slaughtered by playing AK and JJs improperly though, robbed myself an extra 100BB profit in my last session by playing those wrong...oh well....tuition.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      I'd go broke with AA preflop for my bankroll, bank account and down to my last dirty underwear. Anyone who would not is a nit :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Goinf broke with AA preflop is always good, no matter if you risk 100BB or 1000BB. You should leave a table when there is no fish anymore or if a good tag has position on you and you can't play him well deep. Other then that there is no reason to leave a table just because you are deep.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You should also leave a table deep when you feel it is making you play looser. If you have a moment of "well its only 20BB and my stack is 250BB, ill gamble" then you should immediately fold, sit out and leave. When I first started I had a rule of leaving tables at 150BB because I was playing "nice" at that point and basically gifting my profits back.

But no, unlike SSS BSS has no "cash out immediately" point. SSS is designed to protect your stack from prospectors playing 22-99, 45s-JTs and similar hands by not giving them correct odds for preflop calls. Therefor you must stay under 25 BB. BSS you are that prospector and the more BB you have the better. I like to have the biggest stack on any given table in order to be able to completely stack anyone there. several times ive seen a complete fish - passive station or insane maniac - with a stack of 200BB+ and wished I could buy in as deep.