So... umm..

• schnabler
      schnabler
      Bronze
      Well. To be honest - this does not make any sense at all to me. You put efforts on boosting the activity on this board and shortly after you cut half of the content, i.e. you make it accessible to a minority. Of course you guys aim at "tieing" users to your rich affiliate (who could not have forecasted this developement) but seriously - doesn't the change which comes with the new bonus system totally kill this board?
  • 16 replies
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      Well from a business point of view it makes sense, since the money to support PS comes from PP (a percentage of the rake I think it was?) that they want to enforce play op PP. Otherwise someone could just create an account, play elsewhere and make use of most of the services without really supporting PS.
      Ofcourse I do dislike the fact that just when I was planning on rereading all of the intermediate articles I'm locked out, and I'll be damned if I know where I left my printed copies :) .

I don't think it will kill the board, personally, new starters coming after won't know any better and just see an incentive to play a lot, and most of the old active crew easily has the amount of Partypoints in excess.

It's just us in betweeners that will be somewhat dissapointed and have to work a while before all the old content becomes available again.

And yes, I do indeed dislike this chance, but I can find no fault in it's reasoning and I think it will probably be better for PS on a whole. On the same note, better PS means I'd expect some overdo translated articles to show up in the intermediate section by the time I get there as well. :) (yes that's a hint :P )
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      It's good for PS and shitty for me, since I play more than one site, and am currently clearing a bonus on another. Just goes to show nothing's free.
    • mckechniej
      mckechniej
      Bronze
      hi all.
      what happened to stoxtraders corner? i cant seem to find it...

is this because of the changes?
    • bahmrockk
      bahmrockk
      Bronze
      you must be platin-member to see stoxcorner :)

@topic the content in the lower part of the forum is good enough to get higher - and therefore get a higher rank, therefore get more information and so on ... so i dont see a problem there to be honest :)

- georg
    • mckechniej
      mckechniej
      Bronze
      @bam

thats lame. it was the only part of the site worth reading.

i am a 3/6 player, play a lot but is no way can make 20000 points a month.

please someone explain the reasons for this.
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Reason #1: Money.

Reason #2: Money.

Should I continue?
    • mckechniej
      mckechniej
      Bronze
      Emu youre probably be right but if so then its misguided.

I understand that it acts as an incentive for people to play more, my point is that at some limits its just not really possible to play enough to make 20000 points a month therefore the incentive effect wont make any difference. Ps.de will get more money from me the higher limits I play but these changes definetly make that move more difficult.

Personally, I would need to move up a limit or two before that would be possible... and stoxtraders corner was the only part of the site (at least the english version) which was really helping me to do this. I am sure there are other players in this situation. Please reconsider!!

ta.
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      It's not misguided at all. PartyPoker pays pokerstrategy based on the quantity and activity of the members; creating an incentive to be more active creates revenue for PP and therefore for PS. The business model is good, it's just a little bit rough for those of us who are active... on other sites as well.
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      I can't see on the new bonus system thread under which level where Stox's corner falls, it's platinum then?
      I wouldn't say Stox is the only thing that would help you here, there are quite a few advanced articles that are still only available in german, maybe you should try them.
      Though I'll admit, I miss Stox's corner too, not only was it the most active section of the english board, I also bookmarked a thread going in depth on blind defence, wanted to read it when I was done with the beginner tables, now I'm there and I can't get there anymore :) .

I do wonder, how much do you have to play on on average to gain gold status, or platinum? I know Partypoints depend on the limit, but I can't say I ever really looked anything about them up since I considered them relatively unimportant (heck, only became a member of the players club 2 weeks ago on a whim).
    • liverdracon
      liverdracon
      Bronze
      Yes, you must be platinum to gain access to stox corner
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Liver, the question was how easy are they to get... If you play 3 tables for 2 hours a day, you earn like 200 pts (.5/1) If you play 5 or more days in a week, you get bonus points. you get bonuses for deposits + many other things.
    • mckechniej
      mckechniej
      Bronze
      yeh
      my point was that 20000 points a month is impossible for lots of players, not just the real beginners, i play 3/6 and its not possible, i think even a lot of 5/10 players would not manage it unless they played full time.

moreover, as i dont speak german, stox's corner was the only part of ps.de which was worth reading for me, so blocking access will not create an incentive to play more cos even if i do play more i wont make enough points.

The only way i CAN make it is by moving up limits, which has been made harder by not having stoxs corner to read. This is why i think its a dumb idea.
    • liverdracon
      liverdracon
      Bronze
      @ LastEmu

yes EVERY partypoints count, not only the regular.

@mckechniej

I can see your point. I posted your arguments in the German forum. Maybe they can arrange sth for native speakers of English.
      But at the moment there is still a lot of work to do, so please be patient
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      @ mckechniej

I don't speak german either, but with a lot of effort I can read it :) . Of course I'm dutch, that helps, the languages have similarities. If I can't understand a sentence I run it through an online translator like http://www.freetranslation.com/
      The grammatical constructions it'll give you are absolutely hilarious, but usually it's enough to understand the more complex sentences.

Ofcourse, you could throw the whole article through, I think you need to do it in batches (there's a word limit I think). It'll be maddening grammar but should be understandable.

Hmm, think I'll give that a try just for laughs :) .

@ Emu

Thanks, figures like that was what I was looking for :) . I usually play 4 tables for about 2-3 hours a day. Guess that means I can get to gold status, I think I can live without Stox, but I'll miss it :) .
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Mckechniej, looks like you're platinum right now :O
    • Anakha
      Anakha
      Bronze
      Did I just turn to silver overnight? How did that happen? Alright I had around 900 points from before the changes, didn't think those would count.
      (they're down to zero now though)