Darkish blog

• darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Hello, I'm quite new here, so I hope this blog will help me to analyse my game and I hope you will help me :)

Well when I got the starting capital last Sunday from here I went to 0,01/0,02NL tables in pokerstars and after few hundred hands I went to 0,05/0,1NL tables, but those tables were really unlucky for me, so in about 20 minutes I lost more than 12$, then that day because of some dump thoughts I decided to go and play some SnG's where I lost 1,3$ more, so in the first day I lost more than 13 dollars.

Maybe it's against pokerstrategy strategy, but I decided to go back to 0,01/0,02 tables. Those tables are really quite easy and I'm quite lucky there, so today finally I got back to 50$

Overall in these 6 days I have played 5407 hands, from them 5028 was in 0,01/0,02 tables in which I got quite good profit, but because of that unlucky run in 0,05/0,1 I'm like at the start :)

A bit later today I will try to make a shoot in 0,05/0,1 again, I hope this day will be luckier in this limit :)

One bad thing about pokerstars is that, after playing so many hands I still have only 7 VPP, because one of them are from SnG, so basically from 5k hands I got only 6VPP, it would be fantastic if pokerstars would give fractional points, for example 0,5 VPP for 0,2$ rake :(

Here is few my hands, I hope you will give me some advices about my play :)

Known players:
      Position
      SB
      BB
      MP2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , A:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, SB calls $0,09, BB calls $0,08, MP2 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,40) 9:spade: , A:spade: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,22, SB raises to $0,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,13 (All-In), SB calls $0,63.

Turn: ($2,66) K:diamond:
      River: ($2,66) 7:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2,66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (Kc Ac)
      SB shows three of a kind, fours (4d 4c)

SB wins with three of a kind, fours (4d 4c)

Known players:
      Position
      SB
      MP3
      CO
      BU

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 3:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, BU calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,10) 7:club: , K:heart: , 4:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,04, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,04.

Turn: ($0,18) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, MP3 calls $0,14.

River: ($0,46) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,24, MP3 raises to $1,48, Hero calls $0,56 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,06

Hero shows a flush, king high (7h 3h)
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ah 9h)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ah 9h)

Known players:
      Position
      UTG2
      CO

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , J:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0,02, 3 folds, CO raises to $0,08, Hero calls $0,08, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,27) 2:diamond: , 4:heart: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, CO bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,24, UTG2 folds, CO calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,24, CO calls $0,16.

River: ($1,23) 8:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,88, Hero calls $0,44 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,11

Hero shows a pair of jacks (As Js)
      CO shows a flush, jack high (3d 6d)

CO wins with a flush, jack high (3d 6d)
  • 11 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      If you have $50, do not attempt to play BSS NL10, that is all I can advice you. :)

Well actually, I would advice to reread some articles aswell and post hands, since I can see a few errors in the hands above.

Otherwise, best of luck to you, and nice to see another blog!
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      I'm not going BSS that is sure :D

Well if you see mistakes, it would be nice if you would say them, because I believe that my play is not so good, so obviously I'm making mistakes :)
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      first hand: Preflop play is ok, postflop isn't. There are too many players in the pot so usual bet is 2/3 of the pot (27cents= that's minimum). I would bet 3/4. With so many players on that limit they'll pay you 20 cents to "see" their flush draw, don't give them cheap showdown.

second hand: freeflop, that's always good. Flop call is ok, betting on turn is ok in my opinion (check is probably better because of your low flush).
      Betting the river is definitely a mistake. He showed the strength on turn so you should respect that especially if you're holding such a low flush.

third hand: correct preflop and flop play. Only calling the turn and the river is better.

Keep reading the articles, playing poker and thinking about it. :D

Take care
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      WHY I AM SO UNLUCKY ?

All opponents were getting their draws and I didn't catch even one.

I was loosing with pocket Kings, I was loosing with pocket Queens I was loosing with straits, flushes sets..... Luckily I managed to loose only about 3$ after playing 1336 hands in 0,05/0,1NL.

The only good thing, that today I have collected there 46 VPP points, so if I will play in 0,05/0,1 NL every day, I will clear bonus in less then two weeks.

Here are my few hands, comments are welcome :)

Known players:
      Position
      MP3
      CO
      BU

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:diamond: , 6:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO checks, BU calls $0,10, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,45) Q:diamond: , 3:spade: , 6:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,30, 2 folds, BU calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,05) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, BU raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $1,50, BU raises to $2,00, Hero calls $0,10 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($4,25) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,25

Hero shows two pairs, nines and sixes (3d 6d)
      BU shows two pairs, queens and nines (Qs Ac)

BU wins with two pairs, queens and nines (Qs Ac)

Known players:
      Position
      CO

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0,30, BU folds, Hero calls $0,25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,70) T:club: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,70) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, CO calls $0,40.

River: ($1,50) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,60 (All-In), CO calls $0,90 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3,30

Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (Qs Ad)
      CO shows a straight, ace high (Jd Ks)

CO wins with a straight, ace high (Jd Ks)

Known players:
      Position
      SB
      BB

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:spade: , 5:club:
      5 folds, Hero calls $0,10, BU folds, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,30) T:heart: , 2:heart: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,30) 5:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,30, Hero calls $0,30, SB folds.

River: ($0,90) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,70, Hero calls $0,70.

Final Pot: $2,30

Hero shows three of a kind, fives (5s 5c)
      BB shows a straight, seven high (3d 4c)

BB wins with a straight, seven high (3d 4c)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      How much do you sit with at the tables? $2, $10 or something in between?
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      I sit with 2$
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Yeah, then you *DEFINATELY* need to reread the basic articles about preflop play, and postflop play using SSS (short stack strategy).

Some faults you are making:
      - Calling raises preflop
      - Open limping small pocket pair preflop
      - Wrong C-bet size on drawy board

Especially point 1 and 2 are very serious and show that you are not following the strategy at all.

-> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1374/ before you lose all your money.
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Well what you would suggest to do with AQo, reraise or fold? Well startegy says I should fold, but for me this 3BB raise looked like blind stealing that's why I called, maybe I should 3-bet him?

Limping with small pocket pairs in late position is some kind of my strategy, because if I get set I usually will be paid really well.

Well maybe I'm doing wrong, but this is just my thoughts :)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      If the article says fold.... then FOLD. Don't think, just fold :P
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      Well finally I get used to the 0,05/0,1NL tables, the main reason why I had such minus in first days I think was that I started playing differently than in 0,01/0,02 tables, now I think I'm getting in a better shape every day. Unluckily bad beats are killing me, but somehow I don't worry about that, sooner or later I will win :D

I already have 151 VPP, and I should get Silver rank in pokerstrategy this week or maybe in the start of the next week. I'm quite happy about that, because I hope articles which I will find in Silver section will help me to beat this limit.

Another great thing which I found out this week is Double or Nothing SnG. I never thought that it is so easy. I hardly need to play more than few hands, other people just beats each other :D Funny thing happened today in fact while I was playing DoN. Many people are talking that they would never fold KK, but I folded AA :D And it was not mistake, I done it on purpose :D The situation was, that I was shortstack with about 650 chips, only 6 people were left and 5 gets money. while blinds 100/200 and ante 20, near the blinds was guy who was away from play and had only 60 chips. So basically the only thing I need just to stay in game for 3 more hands, and I get AA, if would call or raise I would be risking to loose, because even Aces sometimes loose, so I just folded, gosh it was really hard :D

And here is few my hands I hope you will say should I fold or not, or maybe you will find also other mistakes?:

Well I called reraise because this person was just too loose

Known players:
      Position
      UTG2
      BU

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, BU raises to $1,00, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,25) 3:heart: , J:spade: , K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,25

Known players:
      Position
      SB
      MP3

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 8:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, 2 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,30) 7:club: , 9:spade: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,20, MP3 folds, SB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,70) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,40, SB calls $0,40.

River: ($1,50) 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,50
    • darkishbet
      darkishbet
      Silver
      I'm soooo angry :evil:

Why always I loose when I'm way ahead others, I hate those micro stakes :evil:

If not freerolls I think I would already lost my starting capital. Funny thing, I'm using Holdem manager and it's EV graph is showing that I should be in plus, but I'm almost 50$ in minus, how to react calm when you know that if you would play with a bit smarter opponents you wouldn't have lost so much.

Calling 5BB raise with A3o or 83o is just fine, calling pot raise with backdoor straight draw, why not, because they will always catch their draws, I know you will say don't worry in the long run they will loose, but as I see for now in the long run I'm the only looser among them.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? :(