This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

"Alternative" poker rooms

• 13 replies
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      I would recommend partypoker right now if there are no restrictions for your country. Bovada and Bodog have had some suspicious pasts if I remember correctly.
    • Pokamon
      Pokamon
      Bronze
      playing FR, you will have to stick to stars.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Silver
      Originally posted by anduke
      I would recommend partypoker right now if there are no restrictions for your country. Bovada and Bodog have had some suspicious pasts if I remember correctly.
      Thanks, anduke. A long time ago, Pp was a great place to play along with Stars.

Nowadays, I don't know. The only thing that I've noticed is that, for micro FR, Pp has 1/2 of the traffic that we can found on 888.

Is the player pool softer on PartyPoker?
    • Sendrafreak
      Sendrafreak
      Silver
      Originally posted by pguest
      Is the player pool softer on PartyPoker?
      No, many regs hangin' around there, and there are only few tables available. Even if it hurts and we both know that Fullring is the cooler version, nowadays you kinda have no other choice than switching to shorthanded. But even there it isn't that great and PP has the big disadvantage that you cannot see in forehand which players are sitting at the tables. But at least rakeback is okayish, which can't be claimed about PS.
    • pguest
      pguest
      Silver
      Originally posted by Pokamon
      playing FR, you will have to stick to stars.
      Really, Pokamon? There isn't a reasonable FR traffic anywhere else?

Thanks.
    • Bernasconi
      Bernasconi
      Silver
      I tried 888 Poker and PokerStars. PokerStars has a lot more people online 24/7. In my opinion you have to sit on the right tables. There are often tables filled with regs but sometimes you find a table with 3-4 fishes. I have not seen a single table with 2+ fishes on 888 Poker. Maybe I was the fish tough?! ;-) Just my 2 cents to this discussion.
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bernasconi
      I have not seen a single table with 2+ fishes on 888 Poker. Maybe I was the fish tough?! ;-) Just my 2 cents to this discussion.
      Are you trolling? Even on NL100 you will find there enough fish.
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CptJokerFish
      Originally posted by Bernasconi
      I have not seen a single table with 2+ fishes on 888 Poker. Maybe I was the fish tough?! ;-) Just my 2 cents to this discussion.
      Are you trolling? Even on NL100 you will find there enough fish.
      Really? :O Should try to go pro again, if that's really the case :) Are you talking about 888 or just in general?
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      So is it your main site? Softness can't even be compared to Stars or partypoker? Just curious, unfortunately I can't even play on 888 :(
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by anduke
      So is it your main site? Softness can't even be compared to Stars or partypoker? Just curious, unfortunately I can't even play on 888 :(
      I play on 888, Pokerstars and iPoker.