BU:
      $5.15
      SB:
      $10.45
      BB:
      $16.20

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, CO raises to $4.6(All-In), Hero calls $3.10.

Flop: ($9.25) T, J, 6 (2 players)

Turn: ($9.25) 9 (2 players)

River: ($9.25) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.25.

Once I 3bet this it's an easy broke, right? Actually my plan here was to go broke pfr, he was a loose 40/30-type of loose-fish guy, but my question is more concerned if he was tighter, if I decide to 3bet pfr I really can't fold against his stack.. right?
  • 12 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I am still folding to his 4-bet, just because he is a fish doesnt mean he has a bad hand. If he is that bad, just sit back and wait until you have high pair and reel him in.

If he is a tight player, dont 3-bet with AQ
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      I think you can 3bet with AQ depending on the stats.I f someone have a fold to 3bet higher than 67, you can do it with any two normally. In this case you know the palyer is very loose and you don't have fold equity. That would be the point. With this guys, don't 3bet if you don't have a good pair because they will call/raise you for sure.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hmm.. I thought I'd be totally dominating his range, which I did (he had AJ), but you guys have the experience that even midstack fish don't go broke with looser than AQ+?
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Hmm.. I thought I'd be totally dominating his range, which I did (he had AJ), but you guys have the experience that even midstack fish don't go broke with looser than AQ+?
      Probably with looser than AQ but it's not a good hand to go allin. How much hands did you have of this guy? AK and good pairs yes, but with AQ you are only increasing your variance even though it can be on the break even. I prefer to fold this time and wait for a better occasion. He can be a fish to raise preflop but if he makes a 4bet... Maybe he doesn't 3bet or 4bet with anytwo. If he had a 4bet (or 3bet, I guess it will be similar) of 10-12, you can do this because you are on the break even + fold equity, so it's EV+. Otherwise, fold and run :-P
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Equilator hand-range selection brings up AQo at about 8%, meaning you are coinflipping against a guy who is willing to go broke with 16% of his hands - even a 40/30 guy is unlikely to do that.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      Equilator hand-range selection brings up AQo at about 8%, meaning you are coinflipping against a guy who is willing to go broke with 16% of his hands - even a 40/30 guy is unlikely to do that.
      ^What?! How are you thinking there?

Anyway, I ran some numbers and I need 33,7% equity to make the call (1:1.97).

AQo against ranges:

2,56% QQ+, AK = 24,4%
      4,22% JJ+, AQ+ = 33,1%
      4,68% TT+, AQ+ = 34,4%
      5,88% TT+, AJ+ = 42,5%

So I guess it's pretty close and depends what range you want to give him, but I think I'd make the same call again. But if he raises normally pfr next time (.4), then I can safely 3bet-fold ^^
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      dont make the mistake of assuming someone has a bad hand just because he is a bad player, they get their share of hands just like everybody else.

putting him on TT, AJ+ gives you 42.5% equity - if he is that bad you may even be 50% or more but thats not really the point. The point is you are a good player and he sucks. Why take risks against him? Why not wait until you know you can completely outplay him?

Normally it is ok to go broke preflop with only KK and AA - if you have a really solid read that the guy is a complete fish maybe include AK, JJ+, but not AQo. Either wait until you have a good hand, or call wider and outplay him after the flop. Just dont get into 50/50 situations with players who are considerably worse than you.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hmm, I think you speak too much as if we are playing a tournament.. "take risks" and "wait for better spots". This is a cash game and in cash games it's all about always making +EV moves - there is no risk of getting eliminated, you can always rebuy and keep playing. Sure I agree that this play right here is a bit marginal and I might not do it again (my calculations showed to me also that I didnt have as good equity as I thought I did at the time :P ), but I think you should think just as much about having an equity edge as having a skill edge - both are (equally?) important.
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      Well, you say you had stats, which were them? Fold to 3bet? and 3bet? Steal from CO? With this data we could say a more accurate answer. But when he made allin you are not still commited because you had to put 3$ in a 10$ pot, ~3:1... You weren't commited at all.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Those stats you mention are pretty irrelevant with around 100 hands sample size... I never said I was committed, I just thought it was +ev against his range
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      Well, it depends on how many times this things has happened. This is why I was asking such things, in case we can know a little tendency...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Once you 3-bet you have to call shove.
      I think you can 3-bet there for value with AQ.
      Nh