Bad Beat turns to Success

• Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      So I'm sitting in a 2500 player MTT. To my left is a complete fish who is calling all ins with any two cards (2-6 and 5-8 come to mind) and catching fulls and straights. Everytime I play anything I get reraised at least 15x the big blind.

45 minutes into the tournament I'm sitting with 4750 chips, and the fish has 18,000 through multiple suckouts and horrible calls. I dont think much about him other than I need to be careful about getting sucked out again.

I get dealt Kings in the small blind position and I could not be happier with the bets before me. Two players bet 3x BB, 1 player raises to 6x BB, and someone calls that. I reraise half my stack and and fish in big blind seat calls. Everyone else folds. Here is how it breaks down.

Hero: K :spade: K :club:

Flop: 2 :heart: 3 :diamond: K :diamond:

Hero Checks, Fish Pushes All In, Hero Calls.

Fish flips over A :spade: 8 :diamond:

Turn: 4 :club:

River: 5 :spade:

Result: Fish wins pot (13,655 chips) with Straight 5 high.

Usually I just laugh this off, which I was doing. It was early on I was happy that I put my money in extremely good.

The issue began when someone at the table said "Wow thats absolutely incredible." I proceeded to say "Thats Poker, good luck everyone." This is when Fish pops in and says "Stop complaining you F**king P**sy."

I couldn't believe it, this guy is mouthing me off even though he sucked out to epic porportions. I proceeded to ask him what he ment and he revealed himself to be a illiterate incompotant idiot.

He told me I was a fish and that my decision was wrong. I should have put him all in preflop and that even though I had Trip kings I needed to be aware of the straight on the flop (2 connected cards !? what). Anyways I basically broke down the math and showed him his odds, let him know his was the wrong call. Everyone at the table was laughing at this guy.

Anyways here is where the story gets good. Usually I would be on tilt and go play 8 tables and lose at every single one, but recently I have been working on my temper. I have been grinding $3.40 10 man turbos lately after having no success jumping around to different SnG platforms. My RoI has been horrible and through study I was hoping to stop the bleeding. This encounter with the fish made me determined to play my best poker to prove to myself that I had the skills.

I started with opening 6 tables and by the end of my session I had played 24 tables with an overall profit of $52 Dollars. Quite possibly my most successful day since I started playing SnGs with BRM.

Edit: Spelling
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      nice sesssion :)

but don't educate the fish, we all need them ;)
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Haha,

He had his picture up and he is wearing no shirt with a huge beard and a pincher (dog). He just looked like trailer trash, there is nothing I am going to say to make him a better player.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      Haha,

He had his picture up and he is wearing no shirt with a huge beard and a pincher (dog). He just looked like trailer trash, there is nothing I am going to say to make him a better player.

THAT WAS YOU????
      :tongue:
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't play on this site. His game was so incredibly bad I dont know if he was even playing poker. His name made reference to drugs as well which tells me he probubly was high as a kite while playing.