Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $4.62
      CO:
      $17.97

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , T:club:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) T:heart: , 6:diamond: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, MP3 folds, CO raises to $17.67 (All-In), Hero calls $6.20 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($20.35) J:heart:
      River: ($20.35) 4:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and nines (9c Tc)
      CO shows a straight, jack high (7c 8c)

CO wins with a straight, jack high (7c 8c)

My thoughts:
      - Preflop I decide to overlimp with suited connectors. I'm not very experienced with them yet but was prepared to get out of the way if I missed.

- Flop I hit top two. I am pretty sure one of the others will be so I decide to check raise rather than bet out. I think this maximises value off hands like AQ and top pairs and still gives flush drawers bad odds.

- The check-raise works but then he pushes. I have to call right? Should I be worried about a set or a straight here or is it an easy call?

How should/could I play this.
  • 6 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Hi

preflop your call is probably ok with high sc and coldcaller in front, but its preferable to do this from late position

Flop: dont checkraise this hand, it isnt very strong and board is dangerous especially with more than one opponent. Come out betting close to potsize then fold to reraise - since three people saw flop you need much stronger hand to put your stack in.
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      I would probably fold preflop this hand. You don't have position and just one of them have its complete stack.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      When your connectors hit 2p you are in a very dangerous position. At worst there is an OESD on the board...

Bet-fold would have been a better flop line. Its hard when you know you might be laying down the nuts to J10, but that many limps on a sopping wet board is scary.

Always stinks to have 2p and be in a fold line... its hard to not get married to them.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by samy4ever
      I would probably fold preflop this hand. You don't have position and just one of them have its complete stack.
      Yeah preflop call OOP is marginal but pot odds are 3.75 - 1 and with two opponents in raised pot it can pay off big if you hit the flop hard. Just be prepared to fold real quick if you dont hit flush or straight draw, top two isnt strong enough to continue in this spot IMO.
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      I also call 9Ts but just if there are one raise + cold caller and both of them have 100bs aprox. Because if not, we are not sure if the villain is going to give its stack to us, I think it's very just.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think calling there with suited connectors can be fine, just what would you do if you hit just one pai hand or how would you play your draw in multiway pot.
      Being oop just suck, so I don´t blame anyone for folding.