$2.23
      Hero:
      $11.35
      UTG:
      $1.85
      CO:
      $9.78

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:spade: , 2:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 2:spade: , 2:heart: , J:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, UTG folds, CO raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.40) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.40) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO raises to $8.68 (All-In), Hero calls $6.93.

Final Pot: $19.76

Can I ever get away from this hand? Only things I could possibly give credit for on the over-shove given preflop limp are A2 / 33.
  • 4 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Im getting it all in too with trips on that board - only think twice if you see another pair, or obvious flush or straight draw completed.

Bet more on flop, then reraise. Get it all in if you can.

As played, come out betting turn.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      When I hit a monster like that sometimes a retardation kicks in where I either A. dont want to scare off the others, thus not getting paid (and letting them suck me out for it) or B. start into stupid-paranoid. Exposed trips has cost me alot before...

As played I put him on J10 on the re-raise and figured to slow-play into him, while trying not to panic that I might have run into A2.

Turn scared me as my paranoia had him on A2 full. The check behind left me back at "no, has to be J10".

Value-bet river turned into panic again at the shove and a crying call.

Villain showed J10o.

Just interesting to give an insight into my (completely mental) mental state while playing that hand.
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      I think the call on the flop is right, you will fold most of the hands and you probably have the best one. But you have to bet on the turn so that you can increase the pot and a possible flush runner runner. On the turn, 1.8-1.9$ would be OK. I won't fold set/trips in NL10 per general.

On the river, if you bet on the turn, the pot would be about 6$, you will be first about 4$... If he raise you, you have to call beacuse you will already have enormous pot odds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by samy4ever
      I think the call on the flop is right, you will fold most of the hands and you probably have the best one. But you have to bet on the turn so that you can increase the pot and a possible flush runner runner. On the turn, 1.8-1.9$ would be OK. I won't fold set/trips in NL10 per general.

On the river, if you bet on the turn, the pot would be about 6$, you will be first about 4$... If he raise you, you have to call beacuse you will already have enormous pot odds.
      +1