This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR - AK limp/raise

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $11.67
      MP1:
      $24.51
      Hero:
      $26.57
      CO:
      $20.55

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:club:
      UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 4 folds, MP1 raises to $6.60, Hero raises to $26.57 (All-In), CO folds, MP1 calls $17.91 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $51.12

MP1 limps. I make a standard raise. Then he limp/3bets me. I took this as a sign of weakness and pushed but later thought it might actually be a sign of real strength. What do other people make of these situations?
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      It is not completely unheard of, and something Ill do very rarely but occasionally in front of some very loose raisers, to limp monsters UTG hoping to re-raise and give the impression of 22-77 looking for a coinflip.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      l/r are more often than not monsters, as far as I know.

And with AK, I'm hardly ever going broke pre-flop on a FR table.

You could call his 3bet. Then you go broke if you hit and give it up if you don't hit. I think it's either that or fold, I don't like going broke here. I think you're very often behind.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      l/r are more often than not monsters, as far as I know.

And with AK, I'm hardly ever going broke pre-flop on a FR table.

You could call his 3bet. Then you go broke if you hit and give it up if you don't hit. I think it's either that or fold, I don't like going broke here. I think you're very often behind.
      I like to get decided pf. so fold/5bet, I dont like calling
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I have also seen many loose players limping their AA and then pushing after someone raises. I am definitely not going broke preflop. I am not even sure if I am calling here, I'd prefer to fold.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Really player dependant.
      Some do it with monsters, some do it with trash.
      Either shove and make a note(higher variance), or fold.