[NL2-NL10] NL50 AQo, UTG

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      SB stats
      CO stats

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($9.25)
      MP1 ($11.05)
      MP2 ($40)
      MP3 ($11)
      CO ($103.45)
      Button ($113.90)
      SB ($24.20)
      BB ($70.10)
      Hero (UTG) ($11.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
      Hero bets $2.50, 4 folds, CO (poster) calls $2, 1 fold, SB raises $9.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $8.85 (All-In), CO (poster) calls $8.85, SB calls $1.85

Flop: ($34.80) 7, 9, 9 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      SB bets $12.85 (All-In), 1 fold

Turn: ($34.80) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($34.80) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $34.80

In this hand everything went so wrong :( First I was raising UTG because CO was sitting out, returned and posted, he had solid stack (no stats loaded yet at this moment) so I thought- a solid player, and went for dead money. Other players where tight except SB, but I had position if called, so I guess it was just normal to raise here.
      CO called and after SB reraised I thought- O nomnom he must be squeezing with something weak, I shovezz..
      I have no sample on SB but I guess even with those 73 hands I can say he plays loose. I mean, he can do this with hands like pairs JJ and lower or a worse Ace, or KQ. What do you think?

Recently switched to HM, so hope that everything is ok with those stats like image posting thing..

Jenoc
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i would fold AQ utg. but as played, facing big reraise, better to find a fold.

most players assume UTG raisers have solid holdings. the fact that he was confident enough to reraise you should set off some warning bells.
      i might suspect he is playing squeeze play on you if you were on cutoff or button. but to squeeze utg raiser is rarely done, i would put him on very strong hand, maybe AK, QQ+. if he had small PP, i think he would likely just call your raise rather than go over the top.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Jenoc,

I agree with Purplefizz here:

Originally posted by purplefizz

i might suspect he is playing squeeze play on you if you were on cutoff or button. but to squeeze utg raiser is rarely done, i would put him on very strong hand, maybe AK, QQ+. if he had small PP, i think he would likely just call your raise rather than go over the top.
      And villain's PFR is only 18% over 73 hands, that's not so much considering your hand sample is small and it could easily be about 5% inaccurate. So I guess a fold is best here.

The stats image was fine, and by the way, how do you like HM? Are you using the free trial or the paid for version? I'm thinking of getting HM also, ELephant keeps crashing and I loose my database every other week... :rolleyes:
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      I'm using trial. I switched from PT3. I like HM, for me very useful are stats like, positional PFR, positional PFR when first in (I never thought that some players can have such big difference when raising first in or with previous limpers especially in MP and late positions) and positional stealing stats- PT3 had no such stats on HUD. However posting hands in forum is a bit more difficult than with Elephant.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      With 29.8% breakeven equity - I just shove it as a 4bet. This way you can let CO fold. Also his CC does indicate a rather weak holding.

I advise you to use equity calculations in these spots on NL50, much more effective

Best regards,
      Gerv