Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10,87
      Hero:
      $15,95

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, SB folds, BB raises to $1,20, Hero raises to $3,60, BB raises to $10,87 (All-In), Hero calls $7,27.

Flop: ($21,79) 8:club: , 3:heart: , 6:club:
      Turn: ($21,79) A:heart:
      River: ($21,79) 7:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $21,79

I have big troubles playing QQ, 4bet? Call? Fold? preflop. How should i play them?
  • 3 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Dont call, because your hand is unlikely to improve and you will be in the same situation postflop but the decision will be even harder.

Strategy articles say its ok to go broke with QQ in shorthanded play but its a marginal one - I tend to make the decision based on reads and stats, which you dont really have after 44 hands. I would lean toward folding to his 3-bet unless I had information that he is even a little bit loose.
    • samy4ever
      samy4ever
      Black
      I don't like to broke with QQ because at this level, noone brokes with JJ+/AK but with KK+, however, playing against the blinds I think I won't fold QQ never because he can't perfectly be protecting his blinds. The problem is that we don't have stats, you gotta check his resteal to know if it's a usual move or he just haven't the foggiest about protecting blidns and then, I wouldn't broke.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by samy4ever
      I don't like to broke with QQ because at this level, noone brokes with JJ+/AK but with KK+, however, playing against the blinds I think I won't fold QQ never because he can't perfectly be protecting his blinds. The problem is that we don't have stats, you gotta check his resteal to know if it's a usual move or he just haven't the foggiest about protecting blidns and then, I wouldn't broke.
      +1
      If you´re not sure, then you can always call pf ip and play postflop game.