my second PLO5NL session (running hot)

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      entered with 2.5$ to the table (bankroll 75$) came out in less then 8 minutes with 10$.

three times I've been dealt AAxx (and unlike NLHE , the aces stood up...lol) and won a pot with a set from the flop vs AA).

so meanwhile , I managed to do in PLO what I don't succeed with SSS.

Is this luck or ... ?

(I am well aware that in 6SH table , im probably the fish... no?!)
  • 3 replies
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/omaha/238/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/omaha/237/
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      well, for one thing, AAxx isn't a very good hand in PLO.
      And yes, winning was just lucky. Omaha is an immensely complex game, it takes a lot of time and work just to learn the fundamentals (what hands to play and how), without even getting into playing against thinking players, etc.
      I'd say, once you master SH BSS, you can *consider* learning PLO, but like I said, it's very complex, and on top of that, variance is huge.
      So I'd really recommend staying away from these tables for the time being (I've lost a fair amount of cash at PLO tables, so I know what I'm talking about)
      and until then, good luck with SSS :)

btw, "PL" means pot-limit, and "NL", no-limit (so it's "PLO5" or "NLO5") :)
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      It is more luck I would think (I just had a session where I was up over 5 stacks then I later in the day I dropped 3-4 stacks.. this is more common in Omaha than in Holdem).. BUT SSS omaha works very well I;m not so sure about it in SH tables because being dealt a big pair doesnt happen that often.
      The depth of Omaha is much more than that of Holdem... its like in Omaha you hold 6 "Hold em" hands so the complexity of how they work together with the flop is very different. But when you get it all in preflop a big pair is usually the favorite.