Stack
      SB:
      $26.89
      BB:
      $15.00
      Hero:
      $27.68

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.00) 7:club: , 6:spade: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($9.00) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB raises to $22.89 (All-In), Hero calls $17.89.

Final Pot: $54.78

My thoughts:
      - Preflop I figured from the overlimp he wasn't on JJ+, I figured either two decent high cards. A low pair or suited connectors. Although I had see him play a few poor starting hands as well.

- Flop I pick up an overpair so I bet out. Probably have the best hand here.

- Turn is the interesting card. I get a set but any 8 is a straight. I am now ahead against any set or two pair hands. But only have a 26% chance of beating a made straight.

I bet out because I think I am usually still ahead but then he pushes. I have to call 18ish into a pot of 55ish so about 33% pot odds.

Are there enough other hands doing this to make the call or is this pretty much always the straight?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      He might do that with two pair or a lower set but most of the times he will show the straight . It`s marginal here I think but I`m calling probably
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      A good spot to check behind.
      If the board pairs on the river we bust the str8, if not we lose the minimum.
      He might c/c lots of weaker hands on a blank river too.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      - Check behind.

Why didn't I see this before.

Obviously in the head of the moment I was excited over my set but obviously checking behind is such a good move. If I pick up a full boat I can get him for a lot of chips and if I miss I can see how much he bets before deciding.

Thank you