This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR - Tricky with TT

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $26.89
      BB:
      $15.00
      Hero:
      $27.68

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , T:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.00) 7:club: , 6:spade: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($9.00) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB raises to $22.89 (All-In), Hero calls $17.89.

Final Pot: $54.78

My thoughts:
      - Preflop I figured from the overlimp he wasn't on JJ+, I figured either two decent high cards. A low pair or suited connectors. Although I had see him play a few poor starting hands as well.

- Flop I pick up an overpair so I bet out. Probably have the best hand here.

- Turn is the interesting card. I get a set but any 8 is a straight. I am now ahead against any set or two pair hands. But only have a 26% chance of beating a made straight.

I bet out because I think I am usually still ahead but then he pushes. I have to call 18ish into a pot of 55ish so about 33% pot odds.

Are there enough other hands doing this to make the call or is this pretty much always the straight?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      He might do that with two pair or a lower set but most of the times he will show the straight . It`s marginal here I think but I`m calling probably
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      A good spot to check behind.
      If the board pairs on the river we bust the str8, if not we lose the minimum.
      He might c/c lots of weaker hands on a blank river too.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      - Check behind.

Why didn't I see this before.

Obviously in the head of the moment I was excited over my set but obviously checking behind is such a good move. If I pick up a full boat I can get him for a lot of chips and if I miss I can see how much he bets before deciding.

Thank you