[NL2-NL10] set vs ??

• Linderoth
      Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:spade: , 5:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.00) 4:club: , K:heart: , 5:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.75, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.75.

should i raise here or try to slowplay with the FD in the board?

Turn: ($6.25) 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB raises to $9.00, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

here im pretty much beaten, i have 10 outs for the FH and the 4 of a kind but still not enough for the pot odds i think. the implied odds are enough to make this call?

Final Pot: $10.75
  • 2 replies
    • soucy
      I would recommend to raise the flop. This is kind of a drawy board because there could be Flush- and Straightdraws out there in an unraised pot. I raise the flop and don't try to slowplay it.

The 8 :club: is one of the worst card that could have come. It completes the Flush and a possible OESD with 67. I think villain wouldn't raise the turn with a K or something. So i think your beat too.

You need 47,62% Equity to make a profitable call here. If we assume that he has a made flush you only have 22,7% Equity. So definetly not enough.

And i don't think that villain raises enough hands you still have beat on a 3way pot to make it profitable to go broke here. Because if you call the turn your def. commited to the pot. As played this is a fold.

In future raise the flop ... in an unraised pot you have to protect your hand on such a drawy board.
    • TribunCaesar
      Raise flop for protection and value. No need to slowplay here.

Best regards,