This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] set vs ??

• Linderoth
      Linderoth
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $20.50
      BB:
      $28.00
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      Hero:
      $25.25

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:spade: , 5:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.00) 4:club: , K:heart: , 5:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.75, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.75.

should i raise here or try to slowplay with the FD in the board?

Turn: ($6.25) 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB raises to $9.00, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

here im pretty much beaten, i have 10 outs for the FH and the 4 of a kind but still not enough for the pot odds i think. the implied odds are enough to make this call?

Final Pot: $10.75
  • 2 replies
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      I would recommend to raise the flop. This is kind of a drawy board because there could be Flush- and Straightdraws out there in an unraised pot. I raise the flop and don't try to slowplay it.

The 8 :club: is one of the worst card that could have come. It completes the Flush and a possible OESD with 67. I think villain wouldn't raise the turn with a K or something. So i think your beat too.

You need 47,62% Equity to make a profitable call here. If we assume that he has a made flush you only have 22,7% Equity. So definetly not enough.

And i don't think that villain raises enough hands you still have beat on a 3way pot to make it profitable to go broke here. Because if you call the turn your def. commited to the pot. As played this is a fold.

In future raise the flop ... in an unraised pot you have to protect your hand on such a drawy board.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Raise flop for protection and value. No need to slowplay here.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar