Where To Start?

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Hey All.

Would like to get into and focus on tournament / sng play and was wondering what sng's i should start on at PokerStars first. (Micro limits ofcourse)

9man STT
      18 / 45 MTT
      10man DoN
      even possibly the lowest SH STT?
      or anything i've missed?

Want to play for experience but obviously building my BR is a bonus!

Can multi table 8 - 10 tables with good concertration so taking that into account too would it change anything?

Thanks in advance

ABShortland
  • 2 replies
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Any response would be nice, i'm guessing its just personal preference?

Recent little try-outs seem to show i really struggle cashing in STT's but i can comfortably break even / profit in 18 or 45er's although my sample size is relatively small, about 30 - 40 STT's and 20 - 30 MTT's.

I'm guessing the struggle with STT's shows that my game / approach must be really leaky and weak?

Thanks in advance

ABShortland
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I love mtts but generally these are not profitable enough on a regular basis.
      So I play sessions where I will multi - table single table SNGs - probably 4 at a time.
      When all 4 are finished, I then do 4x 45 or 18 seaters.
      Do that for a couple of weeks and you will see which are more profitable for you and importantly, which you enjoy and are able to keep concentration through.
      I suggest that you dont play single table and multiple table SNGs at the same time as you need a different mindset for each.