This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Where To Start?

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Hey All.

Would like to get into and focus on tournament / sng play and was wondering what sng's i should start on at PokerStars first. (Micro limits ofcourse)

9man STT
      18 / 45 MTT
      10man DoN
      even possibly the lowest SH STT?
      or anything i've missed?

Want to play for experience but obviously building my BR is a bonus!

Can multi table 8 - 10 tables with good concertration so taking that into account too would it change anything?

Thanks in advance

ABShortland
  • 2 replies
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Any response would be nice, i'm guessing its just personal preference?

Recent little try-outs seem to show i really struggle cashing in STT's but i can comfortably break even / profit in 18 or 45er's although my sample size is relatively small, about 30 - 40 STT's and 20 - 30 MTT's.

I'm guessing the struggle with STT's shows that my game / approach must be really leaky and weak?

Thanks in advance

ABShortland
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      I love mtts but generally these are not profitable enough on a regular basis.
      So I play sessions where I will multi - table single table SNGs - probably 4 at a time.
      When all 4 are finished, I then do 4x 45 or 18 seaters.
      Do that for a couple of weeks and you will see which are more profitable for you and importantly, which you enjoy and are able to keep concentration through.
      I suggest that you dont play single table and multiple table SNGs at the same time as you need a different mindset for each.