This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

• 8 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Dorawah,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I think that you just figured out that PokerStrategy.com isn't PokerStars.
      In any case, I moved your post to the PokerStars forum.

For those who didn't see the OP -- it was a very eloquent expresssion of frustration regarding PokerStars' outage this afternoon.

For what it's worth, here his how PokerStars handles these issues.
      https://www.pokerstars.uk/poker/tournaments/rules/cancellations/

Bear in mind that they are possibly the victim of a cyber attack.

But since you're here, why not check out our bonus offers.

All the best,
      VS
    • Sol4r
      Sol4r
      Silver
      Thanks for the link to cancellations.

It clears up how they devided the money, but this has been messed up yesterday competely.
      I was in the $11 Sunday Storm with an average stack when the disconnection took place (21.30 CET). 20 minutes later I could shortly reconnect, just to see that I still had two big blinds left. Everybody was disconnected but one player. He had accummulated all the chips (from 6000 to 84000). In the payout he had a good amount of price money, but I was just "finished"
    • Sol4r
      Sol4r
      Silver
      FYI:

Hello,
      Thank you for contacting us.
      We are aware of the issues that you and other players have experienced recently and apologize for any inconvenience. The situation has now been resolved.
      Rest assured that with the situation resolved, we will carefully review the extent to which the issues have affected your play and investment made in the games you have been playing during this time.
      In situations where a server restart is required to ensure the flawless functioning of our software, there are no new tournaments or Sit & Go’s created.
      Tournaments scheduled to start during the server restart are cancelled and players compensated in accordance with our policy:

http://www.pokerstars.eu/poker/tournaments/rules/cancellations/
      Running tournaments were automatically paused and rolled forward. Therefore, the prize pool is divided among all players still playing in affected tournaments at the moment of the server restart and the tournament is over.
      While it is possible that you may have finished higher, or won more in the tournament in which you were playing, it is also possible that you may have won less. The formula used is designed to approximate each person's equity in the tournament based on the combination of still having chips, and of how many chips exactly they have, and has been used on our site for several years, to the overwhelming approval of our players. You can find examples of this process in the link mentioned above.
      We are aware that not all tournaments were rolled forward correctly. We are currently working hard to review the situation in order to provide everyone with a fair and just compensation.
      As you will certainly understand, issues of this magnitude generate a very high number of contacts from players. At this point, we are not able to provide you with an exact timeline to when this review will be completed and we kindly ask for your patience. While we understand that it is tempting to contact us again after a few days, we ask you not to as this may slow down the review process.

While unfortunately we have experienced similar situations in the past, we have always acted in your interest with integrity and care. This time will not be any different and we will review thoroughly.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Regards,

Jeanique
      Stars Support
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That's nasty, but most likely the best solution.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      There are two problems at work here.
      :diamond:   The first is that the tournaments didn't crash for all players globally. Some players lost their connection, while others did not. I was watching a player live on stream whose connection came back before several others. It was a zoom tournament, and he picked up several dozen blinds before everyone was back. Another streamer I was watching never got her connection back, and just went to play elsewhere.
      :diamond:   The second problem is that PokerStars cancelled the tournaments too late. Some, like the second streamer mentioned had all her blinds stolen while she was disconnected, and thus received no compensation.

PokerStars is apparently reviewing the situation -- so there is hope for those people who lost their buy-ins due to some players not disconnecting.

I tried to find where I read that they were looking in to it -- I thought it was on their discord channel, but if it was there, I can't find it now.

All the best,
      VS
    • Sol4r
      Sol4r
      Silver
      Today I've got an update e-mail.

Dear,

You are receiving this email as we have made a further credit to your account, following our investigation into the site issues on Sunday, August 12. To confirm your credit, please log-in to your Stars Account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click on 'Transaction History'.

We would like to apologise again for any problems you have experienced recently. We acknowledge how frustrating these issues are, and are working hard to ensure they don't happen again.

Kind regards,
      PokerStars Support

I've been compensated now (just a bit more than my buy in).
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Not a bad result I think :f_thumbsup:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Now PokerStars have 5 100k freerolls to compensate the problems with the site.
      I think it's not bad ether. Off course it will be a mine field in all 5 games.