This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Greetings to Pokerists

• OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Hello everyone,

Usually i'm the kind of introverted person but like for poker i try to work on it and improve.
      I started poker around 2006 on FTP room. More as a recreational player seeking fun. Couple years later i played more regulary at micros FL cashgames SH.
      My results weren't great and lost something like 60 $ wich isn't that much over a year but far away from a positive result. Then i made a little profit by playing freerolls they were offering and slowly made around 180 $ ... Suddenly we come to the famous Black Friday and i stopped poker.
      Since few weeks im back to poker playing 9 Man SNGs turbos.
      Actually i make a point to play 4 to 8 Tables at micros every single day while learning to master that new format (new to me anyway).
      so far on 375 SNGs im 45.60 % ITM with a 12.30% ROI. Those are only micros but since im just starting to adjust to that format its not that aweful.
      My overall goal is to become a SNGs grinder and mix between 9- 45 -180 Men SNGs.
      Any constructive advice about multi-tabling SNGs and adjustments to antes kicking from start would be more than welcome.
      Also lately i often get to a point where during a SNG we get to the blinds 75/150 or 100/200 with still 8 to 9 Players at the table and i have a hard time to figure out the right way to play in those kind of situations.

Thanks Everyone and hope you all had a super weekend :f_drink:
  • 13 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello OldSchoolPapa

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

It’s nice that you are playing SNG’s. I think it’s a must to check every Wednesday the coaching of Collin Moshman.

Also it’s smart to post regularly hands on our Hand discussions for Sit and Go-Tournaments board. Then you get feedback of it

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Thank you SDK1987,

Collin Moshman coachings and videos are both great. I often look at them. I also train using ICM trainer and will start to review my sessions and hands with Holdem Ressources Calculator to see in wich ways i can improve my game and also get a better ration 1st 2nd places / ITM%.
      For now i will just stick to get 1K of data on SNGs. Im more for the turtle way , slow but steady. Then if things go well i'll increase the number of tables and during good runs take shots higher from time to time until i fully adjust to the new stake and grow my BR.
      Also actually i don't use HUD even if i use PT4 to review my sessions. I think unless we play 18 tables at time and have a good sample of data o n players it's not that useful and i still have to learn how to read and use the HUD displayed data in an efficient way. So far i just keep notes and color labels to identify regs and very loose players plus some notes.
      Is it me or the lowest SNGs on PS disappeared today/yesterday ? :roto2:

All the best,
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It looks like fine for me, but there are some problems with PokerStars the last couple of days:

Off course it would be nice to see some 10c and 25c STT SNG's for the micro players, but that's not the case.
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Maybe it's because of the DDOS late attacks or it's a marketing fishnet to push players to get to higher stakes and cash in more wich wouldn't be great.
      Of course they may also review the format/structure of SNGs wich might give me a headache to adjust to .... lol
      Hopefully they won't touch the 0.50c SNGs and =< 2$
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I don't think they would do that. That would hurt a lot of fishy players.
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Hopefully they won't. I just start to adjust to SNGs turbos without pre-antes.
      This week my stats are slowly driftiing down. 45.36 % ITM and 10.50% ROI on 400 SNGs. The C-net won and C-net adjusted are going to converge in about
      let's make a bet around the 200 next Sngs. Time to use the stop loss strategy when 4 multi-tabling if i get busted while 4-Tabling on coin flips , 70/30 , 80/20
      i stop for the day. I think to reduce the daily / weekly / monthly variance effects i will start to play on other sites so when on a downswing with one i can play on an other one and also increase tables to 6 tables at once. Can do more but i think it's a good number when you don't use HUD and also i can still keep a very tight BR management that way.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      it looks fine for sure. Maybe you can start a blog with your poker adventure.
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Sure i will do SDK1987. In the mid-time i will surely register to Titan Poker room and maybe one or two more other rooms.
      Then i'll start a blog about the journey in the online Poker World and how to turn from a turtle to i wish a grinder of SNGs and MTTs.
      Once i do, feel free to come around and give your opinion or advices.

Enjoy the weekend :)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Sounds fun. Have a nice weekend as well :f_thumbsup:
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Started a blog , still have to update some graphs and stats
      How to turn a turtle into a grinder
      Take care SDK1987 :f_drink:
    • Post removed

• SDK1987