This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] Aks with mwp

• ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      5 players in flop i thinked every player who hit the three of kind raise this board. And river i try little value for Ax, maybe not so much, maybe he had got two pairs, but lot of aces call small bet river. And when he push, i thinked he played busted draw. My read is bad, but i don't think my played was bad for this. Villain played 24/16 wtsd 24, won sd 50.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

SB: $6.76 (67.6 bb)
      BB: $12.74 (127.4 bb)
      UTG+2: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $11.70 (117 bb)
      MP2: $7.80 (78 bb)
      MP3: $11.51 (115.1 bb)
      CO: $19.71 (197.1 bb)
      BTN: $10.72 (107.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with :Kh: :Ah:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.50) :9s: :4s: :Ac: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.95, MP3 calls $0.95, 3 folds

Turn: ($3.40) :2h: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.17, MP3 calls $2.17

River: ($7.74) :Jc: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.44, MP3 raises to $8.09 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.65

Results: $23.92 pot ($1.08 rake)
      Final Board: :9s: :4s: :Ac: :2h: :Jc:
      Hero showed :Kh: :Ah: and lost (-$11.51 net)
      MP3 showed :9h: :9c: and won $22.84 ($11.33 net)
  • 12 replies
    • Andrepipocado
      Andrepipocado
      Bronze
      Flop and turn well played. River I would have gone for a stronger bet / fold (between 50/66% of the pot) to charge for smaller Axs because weak players rarely put that kind of hand in that spot. When you make this small bet on the river, your perceived range has a lot of missed FD and blocking bets (Ax, KK, QQ), giving room for a villain move, so I guess that size puts you in a bind(X/Call is a good option too).
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      the river valuebet is insanely thin. villain is a regular and he must respect you betting into 4 people and barreling this rather dry runout.
      the river also improves AJ, so the only worse hand that can call us is AQ and, if the villain is insane, some AT.

if we choose to bet, i like this sizing and then folding.
      a bigger bet on the river would be very commital, but you could argue that in that case nobody would bluff you there, so you could make a sick bet/fold despite getting better than 15% pot odds. but can we even bet to begin with?

check/decide is probably the superior line, probably just fold. if he bets, you have to decide whether he has enough missed draws or not, and i doubt it since many of his flushdraws are going to be A x which he most likely just checks behind (taking value from these Ax is an argument for betting small)
    • sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      I agree with Tomaloc. If you want to bet then the sizing is ok but fold if he raises.

But I would not bet OTR. I'd just check and then probably fold. He doesn't have many natural bluffs since most of his FDs are Axss and those have a tP. I expect those to just check behind.
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      Value betting river is fine imo. Due to missed flush draw he might check you out with all weaker Aces including AQ, AT, A3 and A5. Insta fold to the river raise though
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      You make big bets postflop and villain calls.
      What do you expect him to have that will call your river bet?
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Any Ax, what wrote the other posters. A10, AQ, A5, maybe A8 and A7. He very bad played three of kind, mwp and just call and 4 players was this pot. And what happened turn comes flush he can give up his hand. I don't know.
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Silver
      Originally posted by ToddBrunson
      He very bad played three of kind...
      When u dont expect him to have a set, he didnt played it that badly. ;) I mean he have had position on the preflop aggressor and flatted the flop bet. Since u check the chance of betting is up on him.

As played i like ur river bet. You let some worse hands call, better will raise. It's a hard spot for bluffing, so i almost always muck against the push.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      99 played really well, I'd never raise vs these sizes on flop and turn 4way.

In your shoes I bet 25% in the flop when it's 4way
      And I do like your idea of a river blockbet
      But you got to fold once u use it
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      So do you understand you raise heads up pot with three of kind possiblity flush draw but you don't raise 4way pot. Why because it means you have got monster hand. Fish and calling station always calls the draws, never folded and fish never folded aces if you raise this flop. And i think he never folded three of kinds if comes the flush, so i hold on my opion. But this is good, we are different opion. :) Thanks every poster.
    • e4Ac4Qh5Qf7
      e4Ac4Qh5Qf7
      Bronze
      Bom dia a toda a comunidade, após alguns anos de ausência vou voltar a jogar.
    • e4Ac4Qh5Qf7
      e4Ac4Qh5Qf7
      Bronze
      Pelo que gostaria de receber algumas dicas, como por exemplo se posso abrir uma nova conta na Pokerstars desta vez pela Pokerstrategy.
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Sorry i don't know portugal and i guess this site only use english language,