This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

hu sng micros

• maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      hi,

I started to play HU sngs if I have not much time at a day at all. I am kind of struggling with overly agressive opponets and maniac.

Whats the generell idea to beat those guys? How do we adept pre an postflop. Post I think we can lets them do the betting most of the time.

greets

maniac
  • 13 replies
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Postflop call down lighter as you usually would do. Against some maniacs you can even call down with any pair.
      vs. very high open raise frequencies you can start to shove pretty wide at least if they dont call with the correct frequencies.
      Some people love to iso-raise super aggressive so against these people you should limp trap a lot.
      Make always notes about their ranges pre and also postflop.
      Just dont try to bluff them if you cant defend vs. further aggression. Bluff only real high equity hands or when you have fold equity.
      Just think about how you must adjust your ranges in different situations.

In general its pretty easy to beat these spew monkeys. But the variance is super high against this type of player.
      It can be also very frustrating if you are card dead or if these monkey have a godlike card run. Just try to play solud and dont start to tilt.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      ty
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Also if villain 3bet a lot then limping might allow you to play wider. Especially if talking about games where stacks are not deep.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      and if he raises every limp too?

what if I have a guy who basically shove every hand?

greets

maniac
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      If he uses sensible sizing you have option to call to play postflop. Mixing in some traps to balance your range. If he shoves or uses some huge sizes most of time then you just tighten the range and open fold way more. If he wont adjust to it you will most likely get enough +EV spots by being on tighter side. If he seems to tighten then you can try to widen your range and so on.
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maniac
      and if he raises every limp too?

what if I have a guy who basically shove every hand?

greets

maniac
      If someone is raising your limps alot then you should start to reshove with a wider range. Because if his iso-range is to wide then he cant defend so easy against your reshoves.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      how about vice verca. What do you do if somebody limps 100%? Do you raise more pre? Or do we play more smaller pots out of position?

greets

maniac
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      I tend to raise pf when holding a decent hand against limpers op. Depending on the board post flop a raise fold is acceptable against villian who tends to go crazy. I have wanted to get into hu for a while and look forward to reading how you get on. :f_thumbsup:
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maniac
      how about vice verca. What do you do if somebody limps 100%? Do you raise more pre? Or do we play more smaller pots out of position?

greets

maniac
      vs. 100% limp you can of course start to iso-raise with a wider range as normal.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      I think I shout break it down to equities because of the cev. If he limps wider I should have more profitable raises. If he play post overly agressive too than I would take a small ball approach. Thats what you do if you play a postflop maniac.

greets

maniac
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      What is a small ball approach?

Dont start to play to nitty postflop vs. aggro opponents. Because you can increase your value range again.
      Just think about what he will call and what he will fold and from what hands you can get value and where you should check so that he can not push you from your equity.
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      aggro guys play lot of big pots. small ball is when you try to keep the pot as small as possible with weak hands because if you have a big one the pot will get large anyway.

greets

maniac
    • Brucee400
      Brucee400
      Bronze
      Gl