This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

First real SSS attempt

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I just tried my hand at SSS for the first time (the first time doing it properly) and played NL50 - 6 tables. And it was extremely successful.
      88 minutes 370 hands and I won $55.75 (vpip/pfr 13.7/13.5) - [ although admittedly by $EV was only $40 ]

this is obviously a bit of an upper right? not the usual expectation? (obviously I'm very excited about it - and the bonus is that I raked $11 which is only $4 less than I need to do in a day. So 2hrs a day is perfect to get my $15 that I usually get fro sngs)
  • 8 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Yea your running alittle hot right now.... but SSS does work, it is a winning strategy, you have access to the gold articles so you should be able to add some more advance moves (eg. stealing & restaling) but I recomend waiting a little bit as you said you were new to SSS. GL @ the tables.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Sh$t. I just realised I had completely miscalculated the 25 blinds that I needed to leave a table. I had it at $15 instead of $12.50. So I was playing to get $15 instead of 12.50.. My first big mistake. Although I did well.. Maybe 25 blinds should actually be 30 and there's an error in everyone's maths? no? yes? (okay fine, I'm wrong you're right)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      If you are learning SSS I suggest you start at a lower limit, I am not sure if basic SSS is enough to beat NL50 consistently.
    • DrugAddict
      DrugAddict
      Bronze
      i am trying to lay the SSS strategy too,
      but it is very hard to find appropriate tables , there are many players with short stacks in the 10 tables
      where do you guys play ?
      I'm on titan poker and I seems impossible to play the SSS
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrugAddict
      i am trying to lay the SSS strategy too,
      but it is very hard to find appropriate tables , there are many players with short stacks in the 10 tables
      where do you guys play ?
      I've only played a couple of sessions but in the NL50 tables on full tilt I haven't really seen that many short stacks - obviously there's almost always at least one other, maybe 2. I think I only once saw a table with 3 others (maybe it was 4 can't quite remember). I was surprised because I always read about the problem of so many short stackers.. but like I said, I've only had a couple of sessions. (All of them have been pretty good so far, so I'm still excited)
    • OldEnglish800
      OldEnglish800
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrugAddict
      where do you guys play ?
      I used to play on pokerstars sss 25nl to 100nl, not so many shortstacks like ipoker and usually shorter waiting lists. I don't think the stars vip program is as good as titan so it's a trade off..
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I'm still running pretty hot. I've played about 6 sessions, only 2654 hands, but I'm up $203 with stats of 10.5/10.4/3.5/5.5/40.7/64.6 (vpip/pfr/af/3bet/wtsd/$wtsd). Hold em manager says my $EV is only $96 - although I'm not sure that means too much, which I suppose shows that I've been holding up and hitting quite well (which I have - I can't remember once in the 2600 hands where I've been rivered or my higher pocket pair hasn't held up)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I play pretty solid SSS, and my profit usually ranges from 2-5BB/100 on NL25. I have had a go at NL50 a while back but had to drop down because of BRM, and have been building my way back to NL50 (with a more conservative BRM this time). I think you're definately on an upswing. I think the key thing to remember when playing SSS is to put aside all your previous knowledge (in most cases), and stick to the strategy. If you're played a lot of BSS or Tourneys, it can be easy to think you can outplay people, but when you have a short stack you forget that you have a smaller fold equity and less moves in your arsenal that will work.