First real SSS attempt

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I just tried my hand at SSS for the first time (the first time doing it properly) and played NL50 - 6 tables. And it was extremely successful.
      88 minutes 370 hands and I won $55.75 (vpip/pfr 13.7/13.5) - [ although admittedly by $EV was only $40 ]

this is obviously a bit of an upper right? not the usual expectation? (obviously I'm very excited about it - and the bonus is that I raked $11 which is only $4 less than I need to do in a day. So 2hrs a day is perfect to get my $15 that I usually get fro sngs)
  • 8 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Yea your running alittle hot right now.... but SSS does work, it is a winning strategy, you have access to the gold articles so you should be able to add some more advance moves (eg. stealing & restaling) but I recomend waiting a little bit as you said you were new to SSS. GL @ the tables.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Sh$t. I just realised I had completely miscalculated the 25 blinds that I needed to leave a table. I had it at $15 instead of $12.50. So I was playing to get $15 instead of 12.50.. My first big mistake. Although I did well.. Maybe 25 blinds should actually be 30 and there's an error in everyone's maths? no? yes? (okay fine, I'm wrong you're right)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      If you are learning SSS I suggest you start at a lower limit, I am not sure if basic SSS is enough to beat NL50 consistently.
    • DrugAddict
      DrugAddict
      Bronze
      i am trying to lay the SSS strategy too,
      but it is very hard to find appropriate tables , there are many players with short stacks in the 10 tables
      where do you guys play ?
      I'm on titan poker and I seems impossible to play the SSS
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrugAddict
      i am trying to lay the SSS strategy too,
      but it is very hard to find appropriate tables , there are many players with short stacks in the 10 tables
      where do you guys play ?
      I've only played a couple of sessions but in the NL50 tables on full tilt I haven't really seen that many short stacks - obviously there's almost always at least one other, maybe 2. I think I only once saw a table with 3 others (maybe it was 4 can't quite remember). I was surprised because I always read about the problem of so many short stackers.. but like I said, I've only had a couple of sessions. (All of them have been pretty good so far, so I'm still excited)
    • OldEnglish800
      OldEnglish800
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrugAddict
      where do you guys play ?
      I used to play on pokerstars sss 25nl to 100nl, not so many shortstacks like ipoker and usually shorter waiting lists. I don't think the stars vip program is as good as titan so it's a trade off..
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I'm still running pretty hot. I've played about 6 sessions, only 2654 hands, but I'm up $203 with stats of 10.5/10.4/3.5/5.5/40.7/64.6 (vpip/pfr/af/3bet/wtsd/$wtsd). Hold em manager says my $EV is only $96 - although I'm not sure that means too much, which I suppose shows that I've been holding up and hitting quite well (which I have - I can't remember once in the 2600 hands where I've been rivered or my higher pocket pair hasn't held up)
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I play pretty solid SSS, and my profit usually ranges from 2-5BB/100 on NL25. I have had a go at NL50 a while back but had to drop down because of BRM, and have been building my way back to NL50 (with a more conservative BRM this time). I think you're definately on an upswing. I think the key thing to remember when playing SSS is to put aside all your previous knowledge (in most cases), and stick to the strategy. If you're played a lot of BSS or Tourneys, it can be easy to think you can outplay people, but when you have a short stack you forget that you have a smaller fold equity and less moves in your arsenal that will work.