This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG 6max 0.5€ JTs call on BB? |3handed

• Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      PokerStars - 100/200 Ante 25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 4.98 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 17.81, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 79)
      SB: 32.03 BB (VPIP: 44.59, PFR: 20.59, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 79)
      Hero (BB): 7.99 BB

3 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.88 BB) Hero has T:club: J:club:

BTN raises to 4.86 BB and is all-in, fold, fold,

He was playing a little tight but i don't have any special read. At the time i gave him a tight range for shoving from the btn with the chip leader on the sb around 25% (22+, A5o+, A2s+, any broadway) so i should be calling tighter than his range and i thought that this could be boarderline. But reviewing i should call, i have around 36% of pot odds so i must call because JTs has 40% of equity against that range that i assume for him. Overall i should call almost the same range that i think he is pushing due to the pot odds right?

When analyzing hands like this one to see my equity to call i should analyze his pushing range vs my calling range or his range vs one specific hand?

Cumps ;)
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      He should push extreme wide here and JTs is a hand I would call with, but off course it would change the chip dynamic for you in the wrong direction if you lose.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      no you call tighte as the range tha he would shove. Here you call even tighter because of the ixm tax due to the bubble. If unsure let go one call and shove instead in the game. This one is close. He is the shorty he will push wide because he looses fold equity in the blinds. with close to 3bb you can call him with any 2. According to that most regs will shove wider than nash and because of the fact that he is shoving in his direct opponent. Vs regs im more inclined to call this one.

greets

maniac
    • Mayb3n0T
      Mayb3n0T
      Silver
      But according to hcr this hand putting the range that i said above (which i think i could be wider due his stack) my calling range should be a little wider than his range so here i assume that pot odds and the fact that i cover him have a bigger influence on this situation. Under 6 or 5bb i can consider to call the range that i think he shoves but above that stack i should always consider to call tighter than his range.

Cumps ;)
    • maniac
      maniac
      Gold
      no a fan of such assumptions. There is no rule of thumb. You have to see yourself. Its not everytime the same range for example in sb vs bb situations compared to this one. There are other factors you have to keep in min. Position and future game are to of them.

greets

maniac