This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] AKo 3bet pot river push, hero fold or call?

• ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Vilain is unknown. My plan this board, flop bet and turn if blank and not king or aces check-call and river too, but this was pot bet in river. What can be villain range here? AA, AK, KQ, KJ, AxJh, Kh10h, Kh9h, AQ, 7h6h, Q10

Hero (SB): $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $8 (80 bb)
      UTG: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $7.14 (71.4 bb)
      CO: $7.95 (79.5 bb)
      BTN: $10.38 (103.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Ks: :Ah:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.99, BB calls $0.89, BTN folds

Flop: ($2.23) :Js: :5h: :Kc: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.63) :3h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

River: ($5.03) :6d: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.80,
      Hero calls $4.80

Results: $14.63 pot ($0.66 rake)
      Final Board: :Js: :5h: :Kc: :3h: :6d:
      Hero mucked :Ks: :Ah: and lost (-$7.19 net)
      BB showed :6c: :6h: and won $13.97 ($6.78 net)
  • 5 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Bronze
      Weird line lol, you've got at least a crystal clear second barrel.
      As played hard to fall even vs a pot.
    • winspear
      winspear
      Bronze
      I would barrel turn. Assuming you have a solid strategy, you are auto-profiting off anyone who is calling a three bet with 66, then calling two barrels on KJ53. You may have lost the money here, but you make so much more in the long run against this player.

As played, cry-call river, expecting to often get stacked. It is too high up in your range to fold imo, especially as you showed weakness on the turn, which induces him to bluff more rivers.
    • KatalonacX
      KatalonacX
      Silver
      Bet big OTF, every Kx,Jx will call,fish will call with gunshots,oesd, pair like this...
      OTT bet big, is it blank, fish still call with Kx,Jx...
      OTR it is fold,fish rarely bluff, losing money in long run.
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      Fishy player considering his stack size. I would size the flop up to have a close to pot bet on the turn for all his stack. I dont even think what his range could be - its any 2 which you would dominate most of the time. If he has 55/jj/KJ so be it.

AP check raise the turn. You are losing to sets, mb KJ and you want to charge all his guthots/open enders/weaker kings which are countless combinations.
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone. Unfortunatelly my play take away in wrong direction especially in 3bet pot, lot of times i have got overpairs, QQ++ or top pair top kicker, villain hit the set. But i see, i had to 2/3 pot bet the flop but i cbet the turn always pot commited and i never fold the turn. Sometimes enough, more times not enough, what i see so far.