Performance issues with Full Tilt

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Has anybody else experienced severea lagging while playing at Full Tilt recently? The software has been lagging for me A LOT the past two weeks or so and it reached a point where it is close to impossible to me to play anymore.
      So is anybody having the same problems?

BTW I have 2.5GHz Core2 Duo, 3GB RAM and GF 8600GT so I think I should be fine running any poker software. And I only experience the lags while playing at Full Tilt no other gaming site or any other programs seem to have slowed down any..
  • 13 replies
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Not been too much of a problem for me and i use a dongle (USB mobile broadband) which only runs at 3.6mbs and even during peak times i can run 2 tables.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Thanks. I'm also pretty sure that the internet connection is not the problem.
      I've blamed Full Tilt software but maybe the Pokertracker might be causing this so I will experiment with that now...
      I'm 16 tabling and the software gets really slow with say 6 or more tables open. 2 tables run pretty smoothly for me, too..
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      I'm also having the same problem. I mentioned it somewhere in my blog b/c I thought it was my computer or something, but apparently it isn't. Back when I was 1 or 2-tabling I never had a problem.. Now when I 9-table, FTP skips and lags. Not a consistent, all the time, lag. It's more of an in-and-out type thing. This is the very reason why I haven't yet given 12-tabling a shot yet.. I might wind up timing out a lot.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Full Tilt has by far the worst lag and most disconnects of the 4 sites that i play
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Yea i have disconnection problems sometimes,never suffered lag although i never play more than 4 tables.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Its probably due to playing with hud on too many tables... you play like 16 - 20 tables right?...

Most poker trackers seem to have performance issues and eat a lot of your cpu...
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      4-tabling with Elephant stats has never been a problem for me so far... the only time it lags is when I'm on the road and am forced to use some dodgy wireless connection.
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Nope, I've never played 16-20 tabled, I dont use Elephant or a HUD, and I have a wired internet connection. (which holds up good for the most part, but when it does disconnect, it DISCONNECTS!!)
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/beta/download

Over at the FT forums they're recommending the beta for people having problems in their current software which isn't related to their internet connection or hardware configuration.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Thanks, I'll give the beta version a shot. Although I'm pretty sure now the problems are caused by pokertracker, most likely by the database getting too big for it to handle it fast enough (even though I only have around 125K hands in the database).
      I will try setting up a new one and see if the problems go away..
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      my fulltilt is lagging even with 4 tables, I used to play 16 without a problem.

hopefully this beta will make it better.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Well, with new database the poker client runs smooth again. With that said I still think that the hardware requirements of the Tull Tilt software are a bit too high. It takes up over 150 MB of the memory which is more than any other poker software I have ever used (as far as I know)..
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      is elephant working with beta?