This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hey everybody :)

• JJLadybird
      JJLadybird
      Basic
      Hi!

My name is Judith, I am 26 years old, currently living in Austria and about to finish my Masters Degree in Geoinformatics.
      Last weekend we played a short session (2 boys and me) and poker seems to be fun. First, they told me a little bit about NLHE and went on to introduce me to PLO, which hooked me instantly.

As both of them are way more interested in Pot Limit Omaha I want to give it a shot. In fact, I have to learn the game from scratch and have no experience in live / online poker (poker in general), but it seems to be a lot of fun. My plan is to make a small deposit on Pokerstars and see what happens! Really excited about that :f_thumbsup:

I wish you good luck at the tables & greetings from Austria! :f_drink:
  • 6 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Judith,

Welcome to Pokerstrategy.com :welcome:

Pokerstrategy.com have a very active and friendly community here with lots of hugely experienced members who are keen to pass on their thoughts, expertise and experience to fellow members. What ever your skill level PokerStrategy.com has lots of great articles and forums to help you make the most of your game.
      Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

We have lots to offer you here, ranging from strategy guides through to free live coaching sessions, strategy videos and sample hands forums. They all help you to develop your game and to give you the best possible chance of playing profitable poker.

I am not a PLO player but you may find lots of help and support in our Omaha forum. There are a few Omaha videos you may find helpful too :f_thumbsup:
      Also you may find it helpful to start a blog in our Successes and challenges forum
      Good luck with your poker travels and I look forward to reading about your progress in the coming months :f_thumbsup:

My regards

Matt
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Silver
      Hi Judith,

To start Strategies articles and videos around are great. Also if you not familiar with Pokerstars interface you can play couple times with play money then make your first deposit.
      I'm not familiar with PLO but for sure you will get lot of help by reading articles, watching videos and talking to peoples around. Also make sure to read Bankroll Management articles even
      if it sounds less funny to read it is important to do so on the long run.
      Take care and Have fun at tables.

Best of luck,
      J-C
    • JJLadybird
      JJLadybird
      Basic
      Ohh thank you guys for the warm welcome :f_love:

First of all, thank you for your replies! My boyfriend introduced me a little bit to pokerstrategy.com and I am definitely going to have a look at the omaha basics here.
      The idea of playing with play money first to get used to the interface is a very good idea!!!
      Also, my boyfriend and me are thinking about doing some kind of "couple blog" and track our progress :f_biggrin:

Hope you are doing well at the tables!

Cheers, Judy :f_drink:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Judy,

Looking forward to the blog. :f_thumbsup: You should also try and attend Kyyberi's live PLO coachings on our Twitch channel. You can find the schedule (updated weekly) at English Community Coachings & Streams Schedule.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • zinkov777
      zinkov777
      Basic
      hello to you. I'm from Russia from Siberia. and you good luck in the game
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Zinkov777

Welcome to Pokerstrategy.com :welcome:
      What games / formats do you play and we can post some articles and strategies for you :f_thumbsup: