This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] JQo ~ Facin river shove

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.00
      SB: $6.79 (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $11.79 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      MP: $21.32 (VPIP: 27.26, PFR: 22.74, 3Bet Preflop: 8.31, Hands: 824)
      CO: $9.55 (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:club: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) T:spade: 3:heart: A:spade:
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) T:club:
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

River: ($1.20, 2 players) K:club:
      SB bets $0.58, Hero raises to $1.70, SB raises to $6.19 and is all-in, fold

SB wins $4.39
  • 5 replies
    • Andrepipocado
      Andrepipocado
      Bronze
      Do not pay this flop, you only have one gutshot and have no pot odds required. River for me is totally meaningless, you pay two streets to hit your straight and folda? It does not make sense to me, just call on the river.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      this hand is fine. river is interesting, we definitely raise and he just calls most of the time, when he shoves it's probably close as he seems recreational and thus should be prone to overplays. i wouldn't fold, but not a money printing spot
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      this hand is fine. river is interesting, we definitely raise and he just calls most of the time, when he shoves it's probably close as he seems recreational and thus should be prone to overplays. i wouldn't fold, but not a money printing spot
      Agree with this.

OTR it really looks like villain has a full house. Recs could overplay their hands but what hand he would be overplaying here now? There are no weaker straights. So I guess AK and some Tx he could play like this? I think it is quite close. I find it difficult to fold but I don't expect to win much when we call. In the end there is a decent chance that the call would be losing money. So I can agree with your play.
    • Andrepipocado
      Andrepipocado
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by la55i
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      Agree with this.

OTR it really looks like villain has a full house. Recs could overplay their hands but what hand he would be overplaying here now? There are no weaker straights. So I guess AK and some Tx he could play like this? I think it is quite close. I find it difficult to fold but I don't expect to win much when we call. In the end there is a decent chance that the call would be losing money. So I can agree with your play.[/q

So call two streets with gutshot is good? Explain this
    • la55i
      la55i
      Sure.
      Villain opens from SB so his range is wide. When he cbets he has quite a lot of crap in his cbetting range too. Let's say he opens roughly top 50% pre-flop. That would mean only 30-40% of his range has middle pair or better, but he will still likely cbet 60% or over here.

There is a chance that our Q high is actually the best hand at the moment. If it is not the best hand, then there is still quite good chance that we can take down the pot. For example if villain has some kind of a mid pair and he slows down because we call OTF, then it could be easy to outplay him.

And our hand is not just a gutshot. Because the ranges are wide and villain probably cbets wide, if we hit a J or a Q we could call a reasonable bet again. And we also have a backdoor flush draw.

OTT I would call again because of the odds. If we treat our hand just as a gutshot we do not get correct direct odds but the implieds odds are there.

I think after villain uses so small bet sizes, it makes him look weak. Most of the times I would expect him to check the river and fold vs our bet.