This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ set on the flop

• Sonydahaka
      Sonydahaka
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.52)
      CO ($2.46)
      BTN ($10.00)
      SB ($9.45)
      Hero (BB) ($4.93)

Pre-flop: ($0.07, 5 players) Hero is BB J:club: J:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25

Flop: 2:spade: 4:spade: J:heart: ($0.92, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: 8:heart: ($1.32, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, UTG calls $0.85

River: 5:diamond: ($3.02, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, UTG goes all-in $2.17, Hero calls $0.47

[Results Hidden]

I was not betting on the flop because i was afraid that my opponents will fold, although on the flop it's a possible flush draw so i am not sure about my play here.
      I think i played ok on the turn and river.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Altought opponent on NL2 don`t see paterns , get used to c-bet your mosters too. You need to balance your lines , if you check monsters and bet mediocre hands , good opponents will catch up to that and play accordingly.

Even more , that flop is a must bet with the flush draw and even some A3 A5 straight draw out there. I would go 3/4 pot flop, 3/4 turn and push river
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      ^ what he said again :P

It is ESSENTIAL that you bet this flop, for several reasons
      - protection
      - balancing
      - value
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: OK.
      Flop: It's very marginal to check here and if you are checking then you have to do that Check/Raise! I don't like your Check/Call here, you are just giving him free cards and getting his cheap flushdraw if he is drawing. I'd prefer to Bet here myself.
      Turn: Bet turn, 3/4 as mentioned because of a way too drawy board and also to extract more value from the villain.
      River: Shove.