Petition for Stox Videos

• LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      I understand the move you made, giving your more loyal members exclusive access to the Stoxtrader videos, but there are two of them that should be open for all members, if not only bronze+ or silver+. The $.50/1.00 and $1/2 videos are only useful to lower tiered members; anyone who can achieve platinum level has absolutely no need to see these low limit videos. Why waste such a great resource? You paid Stoxtrader well for his time, and just throwing away 2 weeks of videos is throwing away money. If anything it's incentive to play more, and additional knowledge to be used at higher levels.

Thanks for listening,
      Charlie
  • 7 replies
    • liverdracon
      liverdracon
      Bronze
      I talked to my boss for your suggestion.
      I see your point, but the limits are not that different each other. But stox comments on EACH limit are extremly useful for every pokerplayer as he is one of best online player. Even Matthias and Korn can learn from him. So these videos are a motivation for goldmembers to achieve platinum and give the platinum a deserved reward.

I hope you understand this decision.
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      hmmm...,

@emu, more important is stox corner. i personally have more thoughts about that i cant read his comments then that i cant watch his videos. :(

@pokerstrategy, it looks like that the goldmembers (yeah baby!!) pay for the fee of stox, maybe its an idea to post some videos made by matthias and korn paid by the rake of the silver and broze members. ;)

with lots of respect and tnx,
      bosch
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Liver, how could a $10/20 + player EVER glean an ounce of advice from the "just starting $1/2 video?" That's just stupid.

Dom, I know you're smarter than this. Your deal with stox is for 1 video a week. It's been more than a month now, so you should have 5. Especially as time goes on, wouldn't it be a better investment to use the lesser limit videos to advance your up-and-coming members, so they too can bring in the bigger rakes at higher limit tables? So you sacrifice 2 members-only perks for platinum members. They still have the limits applicable to them, stox's forum (which is greatly missed here, considering that constituted 1/2 the posts on the english side), and the high-priced freerolls. There is plenty of impetus to gain rank, that's not the problem. The problem is in ability, in experience, and in knowledge. You're choosing between having more, higher raking members, and slowing the flow of new members to the higher ranks to a trickle. I know your time is valuable, but take a second to consider this. The decision might make you only a few hundred dollars in teh long run, but push every small edge, right?

P.S. I'm still waiting for my payment... Marcus has stopped checking his email :/
    • liverdracon
      liverdracon
      Bronze
      Just wait until ps.de will adjust the member bonus system on monday. Then the videos will be accessible for every silver member.

Originally posted by LastEmu
      Liver, how could a $10/20 + player EVER glean an ounce of advice from the "just starting $1/2 video?" That's just stupid.:/
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      It's also dangerous to give beginners cut-and-dry responses and generalizations for every poker situation, but there are no qualms about that. Did you even see that video? Stox was talking about the differences between .5/1 and 1/2. Yeah, his style is different from what is preached here. Yeah, his style is extremely effective on higher limits, as well. But as Stox said himself, he wouldn't play the same game in $1/2 as he would in $100/200. Anyway, no need to debate about this anymore.

Thank you Dom/Matthias, I knew you were smart businessmen.
    • fry3
      fry3
      Bronze
      You get acces to the vid's for 100 PartyPoints within the last 4 weeks. Even on 0.50/1 it is not difficult at all to get these 100 Points.

Example:

You get 3 Points per 20 raked hands on 0.50/1, so you have to play 680 raked hands to get 100 Points.

About 50% of the played hands are raked so you would have to play about 1350 hands at all (+/- 50).

If you play 2 tables at the same time and there are 75 hands/h & table, you need to play about 9 hours within 4 weeks
    • LastEmu
      LastEmu
      Bronze
      Oh I understand that perfectly Fry, that was exactly what I was looking for. (I still have to wait till thurs. for my points to register though ;) )