This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How do you measure a success? (My story so far)

• FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      In the last 4 days I moved from NL to PLO because I keep losing what I'm earning in NL (I'm not always playing my A game ofcourse).
      So I've decided to move to PLO and its fun and also rewarding.

here is a graph showing my progress in last 3 days (300 hands , didnt have much time to play) , but my BR raised from 70$ (was 120 and kept losing at NL) to 100$ by entering the table with 50BB (2.5$)

So , My question is... :-)
      Can I call this a success ?

• 11 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Play 20k hands and if you are still in green zone you can call it a success.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      After 20k hands if I'll still be married it will be a success ... lol :-)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      that's different story imo.. (if it isn't related in some way :P )

Anyway, I'd say 50k hands doesn't have to be big enough samplesize, so be winner after 100k+ and then you're successful.

But yes, 200 BB in 300 hands can be called success too, even I prefer "hot run" ;)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Originally posted by FWKanobi
      that's different story imo.. (if it isn't related in some way :P )

Anyway, I'd say 50k hands doesn't have to be big enough samplesize, so be winner after 100k+ and then you're successful.

But yes, 200 BB in 300 hands can be called success too, even I prefer "hot run" ;)
      20k its a lot.
      today playing 2 tables I did 100 hands and I played around 50 minutes.
      so assuming I'll play around 1-2 hours each day... 50k are a lot ..
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      you need at least $250 to play PLO5
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      you need at least $250 to play PLO5
      Since my buy in is 50BB I sit with 2.5$ and I currently have 45 Buy Ins.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      why 50bb?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i'd suggest about 70 buyins for 50BB stack, so $175. probably doesn't matter though.
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timkroes
      why 50bb?
      50BB is a sum i'm comfortable playing with.
      If I lose "All In" i don't suffer much , and when I win 100BB i move to new table.
      Once ill get more comfortable with the game ill raise my stack. thats all.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      If you are good, you are loosing a lot of money by not sitting down with full deep stack.

The key point is stack oponent when you hit monster hand / draw. In addition you may not have implied odds to play all the hands (e.g. call small pocket pairs in NL Holdem)

TTTT
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      You should try playing with 40BB stack, there is some reason to do it though I am not sure why... Durrr uses 40BB stack on 6max HA(holdem.Omaha PL tables), Chip Reese also spoke about some sort of 40BB strategy for omaha I am not sure why though Brandon Adams didn't go into much detail about it.
      My reasoning would be that you can go to a CAP PLO table which have 40bb Caps, but with your 50BB strategy you could go to a Deep table and try to mess with the deep stacks, reducing their implied odds and such.
      Just a thought :)