Time to be serious

• KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      After a long downswing and some tilting, my BR is down to 17.83 dollars :'(. Pretty bad I must admit, especially because i regard my self as a ok poker player, not anywhere a pro, but i shouldn't be down to 18 dollars . So what to do what to do.... I re-read the strategy articles, and I have been folowing them quite preceisly, but then under the article section a section caught my eyes, the psycology section, maybe this was where my problem was, and yep it was here that the burried tressure where. My problem was tilting, this was the main reason my BR is so low. One of the reason was that i reasonally have been playing to long poker sessions, longer than i can concentrate, i've been playing 2 tables simultanously and when I lost a big pot, i would just play even more aggressive to win back my money. To fix the tilt problem I made myself a wallpaper with some of the tilt signs, so every time I turn on my computer i'll read the signs, hopefully preventing me from tilting. I have also made the descision that my sessions need to be smaller, before I could play poker for 6 hours straight:P . Now i'm feeling more ready to play some poker, and this blog will hopefully, be a happy story about my way up the limits. I'll try to update after every session if I have the time for it.
  • 13 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Go get em.............good luck :P
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      what will you be playing?
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Session 1.

BR at start 17,86 dollars.

After some hard work i finally found a table and got a seat. I started quite good I think, and i felt really ready to what ever situation I possible would meet in the next 45 minutes that I had planned this session to last. I made my self to rules, if I at any times during the 45 minutes would come over 20 dollars I would stop so I wouldn't be drifted away be happines. And should I come close to 15 dollars, I to should log off to prevent tilting.

The first few hands wasn't playable, but then i got pocket ace, wuhuu. Which also was my most profitable hand in the session:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $4.66
      CO:
      $1.94
      Hero:
      $3.84

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, MP2 calls $0.16, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.54) A:club: , T:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.39, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.93

a few hands later I got pocket Kings, I was so happy as a man could be, but it turned out to be a nightmare never seen.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $1.80
      Hero:
      $4.16

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.76, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.04) 7:heart: , Q:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, MP1 raises to $1.00 (All-In).

Turn: ($4.49) 4:spade:
      River: ($4.49) 3:diamond:

Final Pot: $4.49

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows [ 6c, Kc ] a straight Three to Seven
      Hero shows [ Kd, Ks ] a pair of Kings
      Hero wins $0.45 USD with a pair of Kings.
      MP1 wins $3.84 USD with a straight, Three to Seven.

I lost a big pot, this would normally have resulted in me tilting, but I didn't. I took a few REALLY :) deep breaths, and said to my self, that he just got lucky and actually was a pretty bad player, i played the hand perfectly i think. Whats even more sad, was to see how he just threw "my" money away in the next hand, because he absolutely didn't knew how to play poker :'(

Later I got pocket 2's, i actually played it rather poorly I think, so I don't have many comments to this hand.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.92
      UTG+2:
      $3.34
      UTG+1:
      $5

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2:club: , 2:heart: . UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.04.
      UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.42) A:spade: , 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.42) 2:spade: (3 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.04, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.39, UTG+1 raises to $0.74, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.55

After this session my BR is down to 15.43 dollars. But i'm filled with posetivity, I think I played pretty good, the reason I lost with my pocket kings was because of another players luck. I didn't tilt at any moment, not even when I lost the big pot with pocket kings. So on and on it was a nice session, and i'm looking forward to the next one.

Here is my stats for the played session:

• KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      what will you be playing?
      I'll be playing NL4, but I would be playing NL2 if i was possible at Party Poker, which it unfortunatle isn't.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      If I was you, my wallpaper will have anything OPPOSITE of the tilt signs. Words like "patience", "wisdom", or similar. Maybe images of a peaceful garden, or your happy place. I heard an interview recently with Huck Seed where he exposes the benefits of being in good physical shape with anger management. Check out this week's 2+2 Pokercast. Hope that this helps.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I think he means "signs that you're tilting"
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      I think he means "signs that you're tilting"
      correct!
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Yet another session has been played now, this one lasted 30 minutes. Once again I was beaten by bad luck in a situation, where a player held Ace 10 against my Ace King.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.75
      UTG+1:
      $5.17

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.46) 7:spade: , J:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, UTG+1 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.78) T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

River: ($0.86) 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.86

Hero shows [ Ad, Kh ] a pair of Fours
      UTG+1 shows [ Th, Ah ] two pairs, Tens and Fours
      UTG+1 wins $0.82 USD with two pairs, Tens and Fours.

This session wasn't profitable either, my BR is now down to 14.78 dollars :( But I didn't have any fuck ups this session, i just had luck on my side. I am close to have a minitilt, so I will stop playing poker for today. Perhaps luck is on my side tomorrow
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Don't worry about it,i nearly lost my bankroll,went down to $7 so i stopped playing read some articles and watched some vids. Then went to grinding it out on $1 SnG's. I'm sure you'll fix your bankroll you just gotta take your time. ;)
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      why did you continued playing the last hand? o_O obviously you were tilting in, cuz no one am calling even a minraise ffrom that position... anyway, but would be just me...
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BoyRobot777
      why did you continued playing the last hand? o_O obviously you were tilting in, cuz no one am calling even a minraise ffrom that position... anyway, but would be just me...
      No you're right, I have no idea why I played that hand, it's clear to me now, that i played that hand rally bad :P Thank you for noticing.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BoyRobot777
      I'd probably raise a lot higher.

That weak bet into a flush draw just screams weakness to me. A proper raise (50-60 cents) will get that guy to fold most of the time, unless he is a calling station.
    • KriZ0
      KriZ0
      Bronze
      I have now played 2 more sessions, the first was at a free roll last night, I ended as 373 out of 2200, so thats all right, but I didn't got any money out of it. But still I have never been so high up the ranks in a free roll.

My fourth session was jut a regular cash game that lasted 50 minutes. I bought in with 100bb, and I ended with a profit of 31 cents, not much but it was profit :) My BR is now at 15,09. I did not tilt but I also didn't lose any big pots, which normally would be my tilt tricker. My most profitable hand was this one, which i got pretty early in the session.

Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $3.20
      MP3:
      $4.09
      Hero:
      $3.88
      SB:
      $3.48

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:club: , 2:club:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BU folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.16) 2:heart: , 5:club: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.40) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, MP3 calls $0.19.

River: ($0.78) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, MP3 calls $0.37.

Final Pot: $1.52

MP3 shows [ 5s, 3c ] a pair of Fives
      Hero shows [ 4c, 2c ] two pairs, Fours and Twos
      Hero wins $1.45 USD with two pairs, Fours and Twos.

I know it may not be perfectly played, since there where 3 clubs out there, but my opponent is very loose, and plays almost every hand he gets, so I took a shot at the pot, and I got lucky.

Later i got ace queen offsuited, but since the flop really wasn't on my side, and an opponent raised, I decidede to fold.

So i'm pretty happy about my performance in this session, and feel that i'm gonna build my BR up to a better level soon. I've become better at folding, often I just called in situation, where the odds not really was on my side. I have also been better at integrating pot odds when I have draws.

Thats all for now, i might take another session later today, perheps reread some articles.

Here is the stats for the session: