New here, new on poker stars!

• DarioAndoni
      DarioAndoni
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I just created my account, passed the test at the 1st chance and made a poker stars account.
      I only gotta still send my id and it will be done.

Wish me luck at the tables!

my nickname on ps will be: ShipDa$Baby
  • 7 replies
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Hey Dario,
      Welcome to PS and congrats on passing the quiz. As soon as you sit down at a table you'll become a bronze member and gain access to videos and articles. I would recommend the bankroll management as it's crucial to becomming a profitable player. Good luck on the felt!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Dario,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and congratulations on passing the test, especially 1st time.

As has already been mentioned, i would suggest building up your knowledge on a regular basis by reading and re-reading all the articles, not only the strategy ones but also the psychology ones as i found these a brilliant help when i was first starting. Also you have the videos and private coachings.

And if you are having trouble with the way you played a hand then feel free to post them in the hand posting forum for review.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • DarioAndoni
      DarioAndoni
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick answers, guys!!

I will be trying poker stars tournaments, probably. I like a lot to play long tournaments.

Do you have some special recommendations for me?

Hugs!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Dario,

Ideally for playing tournaments you should be using a 1% of your bankroll buy-in rule which means that to start playing tournaments you really need at least a minimum of $100 to ensure proper bankroll management.

If you dont want to play cash to build your bankroll then i suggest that you start with the $50 playing the $1 SNGs as a safer option.

Just be sure to read the SNG articles, watch the videos and attend the coachings as these will all help you to become a better player.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • DarioAndoni
      DarioAndoni
      Bronze
      Thanks! I'll be considering it.
      Well, finally i ended the long week of work, but I haven't got my starting capital yet. I think I read that it can take up to 48hrs, did I read wrong?
      I wanted to play poker the weekend.. :(
      But well, I'll have to wait until next weekend to have some fun at the tables!!!!

Take care PokerStrategy members
    • DarioAndoni
      DarioAndoni
      Bronze
      Hey! I just got my starting capital.

Now we will see if I can do something or I am an other fish!

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarioAndoni
      Hey! I just got my starting capital.

Now we will see if I can do something or I am an other fish!

Good luck and welcome :)

Just be sure to spend enough time studying the strategy articles and watching videos. After all poker is a strategy game and not so much a game of luck - if you approach it correctly.

With bankroll management and good strategy - there are no boundries :)

Best regards
      SoyCD