[NL20-NL50] 86s vs TAG, HU

• Balanarm
      I floated him in 3bet pot 4 hands before and he foled. He is german PS member. 3bet = 15%, low sample size tho. How to play?

Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (2 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:spade: , 6:spade: . SB posts a blind of $0,50.
      Hero raises to $1,50, SB raises to $5,00, Hero calls $3,50.

Flop: ($10,00) J:heart: , 6:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $6,00, Hero calls $6,00.

Turn: ($22,00) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($22,00) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $15,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $37,00
  • 2 replies
    • darkonebg
      With the given history I think you played it nice.He is obviously not donking to fold to a raise, and knows that the 4th on the turn is a terrible card to bluff at.Stacks are deepish and if you think he is capable of making a move on a draw on the turn, the check behind is the best option.
      His betsize is perfect for a bluffbet,putting him on a draw the whole way Im going to make a hero call with third pair.If you dont like high variance though you should gather info and wait for a better spot(such will come as he is to your immediate right.

Best regards,

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • Balanarm
      Thanks for great arguments! My point for foldign river is that after I smooth call flop and check behind turn he must be putting me on a hand with showdown value for sure, I can play middle pairs, jack sometimes this way too, so he realises I will be calling them on the river as I went for turn pot control, with draws I play more agressively obviously. So he won't bluff river, in my opinion.

He is very often goign to c/r turn given our history, I think he has a hand here most of the times.