[NL20-NL50] KK on A-high, 2 barrels then c/c

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      35/15/3.2/32/~500 hands, I knew he is capable of moving, chaces draws.

100bb stack.

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero to $2,00, BU calls $2,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4,75) A:spade: , 7:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, BU calls $3,50.

Turn: ($11,75) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,50, BU calls $7,50.

River: ($26,75) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $26,75, Hero calls $26,75.

Final Pot: $80,25
  • 6 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      As a general guideline, I dont second barrel if called on A high flop.
      As played, there is nothing you can do on that river but fold.
      His river bet is too big though and there is a good chance that it is a bluff, so you may call it and make a note(higher variance).

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      The board is very drawy, my plan is obviously bet-fold, I can't check-call 2 streets there really. Why wouldn't I second barrel this turn, it's so drawy, his call on the flop doesn't mean an ace neceserally, I can definitely get value from many worse hands and especially vs this loose guy.

On the river all draws miss, ace he checks behind or at least bets smaller, sets he'd raise either flop or turn, I can't see him play any hand like this, since his line is not logical for every hand that beats me and can be applied to draws and sometimes weak pairs turned to bluff I call.

Btw: Check new quiz "Turn, turn, turn" in the news section you will see there very similar situation.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      He can easily have the A, he doesn't have to have a set here. I am playing c/f on the turn tbh. As played: If you have the read, that he is not betting Ax like this on the river we can call there, but it's pretty much a high variance game.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      You misunderstand me. As I said his line is both not logical for sets or Ax. Why would you c/f turn if you are ahead very often?

I guess either PS strategy articles or judges are wrong? Who to believe ?:D It's typical bet-fold turn as described in PS turn play article.

Tribun I guess you then fail the recent "Turn, turn, turn" quiz if you check/fold :D It's 0 points option :D

Quote: All things considered, we have to come to the conclusion that bet/fold is probably the best alternative here, as the other possibilites aren't really any better. Check/call might be worth a thought, but only puts you in a very tough spot on the river. Check/fold would just be too weak against an opponent who is easily capable of floating if you take into consideration his aggression factor. You don't really want to go broke with bet/call here, either.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      You misunderstand me. As I said his line is both not logical for sets or Ax. Why would you c/f turn if you are ahead very often?

I guess either PS strategy articles or judges are wrong? Who to believe ?:D It's typical bet-fold turn as described in PS turn play article.

Tribun I guess you then fail the recent "Turn, turn, turn" quiz if you check/fold :D It's 0 points option :D

Quote: All things considered, we have to come to the conclusion that bet/fold is probably the best alternative here, as the other possibilites aren't really any better. Check/call might be worth a thought, but only puts you in a very tough spot on the river. Check/fold would just be too weak against an opponent who is easily capable of floating if you take into consideration his aggression factor. You don't really want to go broke with bet/call here, either.
      I´m not c/f turn there almost never.
      I think fine line is to take c/c.
      Problem betting is that he has very hard call you with worse hand (unless he holds flushdraw), so I like more inducing bluff by floats and draws.
      c/c river is marginal- he would bet that much with nuts and missed draws. I think call there sometimes is fine, although I think you can also fold sometime.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I don't really think he can pull nuts so far on such a drawy board, he must raise either flop or turn, unless he is really bad, but he seemed to be OK postflop.

On the turn when you c/c, what's your river blank plan?