Big Pairs possible leak?oO

• BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      well, the topic name says it all i guess. Most of the time i play my big pairs are -EV 4 me :| anyway, i hope you guys can help me to fix it, cuz am loosing the most money on those hands.

The first one will be:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A (Comment)
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BU raises to $1,40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4,80, BU calls $3,40.

Flop: ($9,75) J, 8, 9 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero raises $5,20 (All-In), BU calls $5,20.

Turn: ($20,15) Q (Comment)
      River: ($20,15) J (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $20,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Ac Ad)
      BU shows a full-house, queens full of jacks (Qd Qs)

BU wins with a full-house, queens full of jacks (Qd Qs)

is this just a suckout or what? o_O even if he has JJ am probably raising.. anyway..

one more:

Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $10,15

86 - 0 0
      UTG2: $21,70
      1,9 100 27 14
      12 - 25 8
      MP2: $10,65
      0,6 40 31 134

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A (Comment)
      Hero raises to $0,40, UTG2 calls $0,40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,40, 5 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) 6, 8, 3 (3 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1,29, UTG2 folds, MP2 calls $1,29.

Turn: ($3,93) 9 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $3,74, MP2 raises to $8,60, Hero calls $4,72 (All-In).

River: ($20,99) K (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $20,99

Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ac)
      MP2 shows three of a kind, nines (9c 9h)

MP2 wins with three of a kind, nines (9c 9h)

here is aswell interesting... Should i fold to reraise in those situations or not? Cuz its really hard to fold them, but his play kinda showed he got something good... still i didnt fold them, is it correct play?

well, the last one is not really a big hand, just found it scrolling the list.

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 4 (Comment)
      UTG2 calls $0,10, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,25) 4, J, 3 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks.

Turn: ($0,25) 4 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $0,18, UTG2 raises to $0,36, Hero raises to $0,66, UTG2 raises to $0,96, Hero raises to $1,56, UTG2 raises to $2,16, Hero calls $0,60.

River: ($4,57) 2 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $2,17, UTG2 calls $2,17.

Final Pot: $8,91

Hero shows three of a kind, fours (Th 4s)
      UTG2 shows three of a kind, fours (Qd 4h)

UTG2 wins with three of a kind, fours (Qd 4h)

did i overplayed those 4s or not? o_O its was really hard to beleave he had the last 4 in his hand. good thing, that i didnt push allin on the river ... anyway, i hope you reply me.
  • 3 replies
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      i guess i posted in the wrong section.... i noobiew posting hands. Actually this is my first time asking community 4 help :} anyway... i still hope smby reply
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      Do not post many hands in the same thread, it's too hard to read. Post them one by one in the hand analysis section.

hand 1 is perfectly fine. Top pair or better in 3bet pot is enough to get your money in on almost any flop in standard situations (except when facing a total nit, or when you are deep)

hand 2, you should start folding to any raise of your double barrel on the turn, at least force yourself to do so in the first time, then seldomly select spots when you do call. Here you're representing strength on a low board, still he raises you. Not a good sign, he would probably call down with a lone overpair. Unless you've seen him make moves recently, you can safely fold here.

hand 3: in these cases, you won't get action from any worse hands than yours. If he is calling you, fine. If he is raising you, you have to consider being beaten and then try to get to showdown cheaply, no need to engage in a raise war.

Cheers
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cindy1985
      no need to engage in a raise war.
      Especially not a minraise war. God I hate those.

Obviously UTG2 is a donk for limping Q4o... without reads, I'd assume his minraising means a terribly slowplayed AA or KK, but I'd still want a relatively cheap showdown to get a read on him (he could have jacks full as well).