New to Omaha

• PokerKingMatt
      PokerKingMatt
      Bronze
      Id like to learn Omaha but dont really know were to start i can kind of play iv been on the play money on full tilt and others and i like it but i want to start playing for money to see how far i get! would i be able to read the articals here or do i have o make another account?
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Matt, you can of course read all the information available to you on PokerStrategy, you are only allowed to have one account though, so please don't set up any more.

A quick check on the Strategy section indicates that all the current guides are set at Silver status, so these will become available to you once you reach Silver status. In the meantime, by all means read up on the omaha threads available to you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      There's a really good post here in the forum regarding choosing your starting hands. You can find it here.

A couple of notes about postflop:

0)
      Hands you're looking for:
      - Straights
      - flushes
      - full house (nut FH)
      - and of course better
      - Top or sometimes mid set (to hopefully improve to a FH)

Hands you're NOT looking for:
      - top pair top kicker
      - two pair
      - trips (This is sometimes close. If board is AAx rainbow and you hold AKxx
      you could play it, but be carefull).
      - Bottom set

1)
      Position is the most important thing in Omaha imo. When you get some practice you can really start to use position. For starters in the micro limits it's not the most important thing maybe.

2)
      Draw to the nuts. If you can't draw to the nuts, then don't draw. It's that simple.

3)
      Play the nuts aggressively. The best hand can easily change every street. So if your opponents want to draw they have to pay the maximum price.

4)
      Aggression is the nuts. If you face sick aggressions from villain then get your ass out of the hand. He has the nuts almost every time.

5)
      Learn odds and outs and then use them together with point 2).

6)
      Learn how to read the board. What are the 5 best possible hands? which draws can your opponents hold that beats your draws?

I suggest give 1c/2c a try. It's fun and a good way to learn. Or so I've found it :)

Regards,
      Kimber88
    • Bokkieboy
      Bokkieboy
      Bronze
      Why is Omaha so difficult to play, if you pe-judge your hand you normally loose. And why why are woman better omaha plyers/

Bokkieboy
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bokkieboy
      Why is Omaha so difficult to play, if you pe-judge your hand you normally loose. And why why are woman better omaha plyers/

Bokkieboy
      What?