[NL2-NL10] Nl10 44

• Jaissica
      Ive had some success playing an obvious "hi I am a set miner and I hit it" line lately... but here is a less-than.

I thought the CO was capable of folding however I did not take the vital step of checking that CO was playing 8-10 tables. CO probably didnt catch the limp-limp, check-re-raise line and thought his AA was good vs 99-QQ.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4:heart: , 4:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, CO raises to $0.50, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) 8:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 7:club: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, CO raises to $7.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.65

My questions for the judges are these -

1. If you were CO, could you have laid down AA/KK vs Hero V15 (13 PFR) AF4.0 H100 as played (assuming you wernt playing 9 tables and were aware of the betting line and hero stats)
      2. Is my line here viable for the very occassional (1/400H) attack on a TAG who has big overs, or is it just suicide and my success to date have been flukes and probably against villains holding two missed overcards that I have beat anyway?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      If you've been doing it frequently lately, he could take a look at your "raise cbet" stat and if it is very high that would probably make him take the re-raise line. He might also think you'd do this with f.e flush draw + 2 overs, or OESD + flushdraw (or any other draw), in which case he is protecting.
      OR (nr3), he could have the flushdraw + overs himself and want to play with it :)

I think that this board is not the best on to bluffraise him, because he can put you on a draw (or be on one himself!). Dry flops are better for set bluffs ^^
    • TheBrood
      I tried this vs a regular whom I have played like 2k hands with. I won the hand on a drawy paired board. He multitables a lot but prob respects my bets at this point. I would never try it vs an unknown or a fish.
    • soucy
      Personally I think that you shouldn't do such a bluff on that limit. You get so much payout on your made hands so you don't need to risk money with such a bluff.

Now to the hand. I don't like this board because it's very wet. You can easily raise him with a straight or flushdraw + overcards or something like that. Maybe JTs or some connectors which many players also play limp/limp.

So if you c/r on such a board your hand range isn't polarized to a set. You can raise villain with such a huge range that I personally won't ever fold KK/AA on such a board to a reraise.

Also many players limp/limp 99-QQ which they c/r on a board where they are holding an overpair.

So this is def. no good board for a c/r bluff to rep. a set. A "good" board would be something like 952 rainbow where not many draws are possible.

Question 1 is already answered. No I'm not going to fold KK/AA on such a drawy board.

Question 2: In my eyes it's suicide on such a wet board
    • Jaissica
      Cheers Soucy, all good points that I will incorporate into my play :)