This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 44

• Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Ive had some success playing an obvious "hi I am a set miner and I hit it" line lately... but here is a less-than.

I thought the CO was capable of folding however I did not take the vital step of checking that CO was playing 8-10 tables. CO probably didnt catch the limp-limp, check-re-raise line and thought his AA was good vs 99-QQ.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $6.87
      Hero:
      $10.94
      CO:
      $9.58

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4:heart: , 4:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, CO raises to $0.50, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) 8:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 7:club: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, CO raises to $7.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.65

My questions for the judges are these -

1. If you were CO, could you have laid down AA/KK vs Hero V15 (13 PFR) AF4.0 H100 as played (assuming you wernt playing 9 tables and were aware of the betting line and hero stats)
      2. Is my line here viable for the very occassional (1/400H) attack on a TAG who has big overs, or is it just suicide and my success to date have been flukes and probably against villains holding two missed overcards that I have beat anyway?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      If you've been doing it frequently lately, he could take a look at your "raise cbet" stat and if it is very high that would probably make him take the re-raise line. He might also think you'd do this with f.e flush draw + 2 overs, or OESD + flushdraw (or any other draw), in which case he is protecting.
      OR (nr3), he could have the flushdraw + overs himself and want to play with it :)

I think that this board is not the best on to bluffraise him, because he can put you on a draw (or be on one himself!). Dry flops are better for set bluffs ^^
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I tried this vs a regular whom I have played like 2k hands with. I won the hand on a drawy paired board. He multitables a lot but prob respects my bets at this point. I would never try it vs an unknown or a fish.
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      Personally I think that you shouldn't do such a bluff on that limit. You get so much payout on your made hands so you don't need to risk money with such a bluff.

Now to the hand. I don't like this board because it's very wet. You can easily raise him with a straight or flushdraw + overcards or something like that. Maybe JTs or some connectors which many players also play limp/limp.

So if you c/r on such a board your hand range isn't polarized to a set. You can raise villain with such a huge range that I personally won't ever fold KK/AA on such a board to a reraise.

Also many players limp/limp 99-QQ which they c/r on a board where they are holding an overpair.

So this is def. no good board for a c/r bluff to rep. a set. A "good" board would be something like 952 rainbow where not many draws are possible.

Question 1 is already answered. No I'm not going to fold KK/AA on such a drawy board.

Question 2: In my eyes it's suicide on such a wet board
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Cheers Soucy, all good points that I will incorporate into my play :)