Quick update on bankroll

• SuperHandz
      I've been playing double or nothing tourneys for a few days and after starting with £30 I've doubled it to £60 which is alright.
      I'm writing this frustrated because last night I was up to £79 and somehow after losing a few I'm at £60.
      I've read the article on this site which I follow and it obviously works well but I can't help thinking I ocassionally play a little too tight and don't make enough blind steals when the blinds are at say 150 300 when my stack is say1300. It's sometimes hard to gauge whenyou need to start taking risks because unlike normal tourneys the top 5 all get the same amount so hanging on was working.
      In the future I'm gonna start pushing a little more freely and being a touch more aggressive in the later stages and getting those blinds when I've got position. Of course there's exceptions like when you're on the bubble and a player is going to be eliminated on his/her next blind. Then there's probly no point right?
      After reading how doubling up isn't as important in a double or nothing tourney because your risking your chips for a smaller % of the overall money (which makes sense) I think I've maybe been a little too reluctant to just get my chips in for the last few which have got me losing my last few and making all the hard work from yesterday seem pointless.
      Lesson from this, don't be scared to gamble!! Blind stealing is an important part of the tourney in the later stages!!
      Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • dadude77
      Not an expert on them, but you might get some more replys if you ask in SnG forum :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Seems like you have the opposite problem that I have. I bust on the bubble alot... I'm usually like 3rd or 4th/6 and then I get something like KK or JJ and I call a push and then bust cause I lose the coinflip or I become a short stack and bust later on. So I advise you not to push at all if you're like 3/6. But if you are like 6th/6 and you're blinding out soon, then you have to push and double up. Just don't play too loose... And I suggest playing regular DoNs rather than turbos as you have to play way looser in turbos -> more coinflips... Even though the rake sucks.