Comeback Time! Nl25 Fr Bss

• HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      WARNING, this is a big post!

Hi everybody,

My name is Tim, suprising huh!
      I am 20 years old, and I live in Holland.
      I do not have a girlfriend and still live with my parents.
      I love!!! music, and do not play poker without hearing some rock, trance or some other great music.
      And I just want to add, that I am going to a live concert of papa roach! Theyre coming to Holland, and finally I can get to see them.

lets cut the chase..!

My pokerhistory;

I have had a pokerblog earlier, in the Dutch pokerstrategy section, but now I want to conquer the hearts of the English pokersection. :D
      I think like everybody else here, I start playing with play money a few years back, ofcourse I didn't know what pot odds were or how to protect a hand, or something.
      I slowplayed every AA,KK,QQ and AK. And went broke on any straight draw and flush draw :D This was all on Full Tilt Poker.

Than I started to play freerolls, A LOT! I played every 180-man and 360-man SNG.
      After weeks of playing, I donked myself to a first place! WORTH: nothing..... it was a satellite! Ofcourse I was excited and all, because if I won this tournament (5k players or so)
      I would won another satellite to a big freeroll.

No, no successtories; I donked myself out of the next tournament with my gssd! NUTS!

And suddenly I found pokerstrategy, I cannot remember how, so don't ask :)
      Ofcourse I wanted the free $50, so I just let the articles, and started the quiz immediately.
      Than came the questions; what the F means push or fold? WTF, positions? What are they talking about :D

FAIL!

So I ran through the articles for some MINUTES, and failed again. Dammit!
      Than I spent so much time on it the next day, that I knew so much of poker, I could even beat Phil Ivey!

:rolleyes:

But, ye, i passed! So I waited impatiently for the free $50!

Days seemed weeks.... But in the meantime, I ran through more articles and watched some video's.
      I started SSS'ing, and ofcourse I didn't hold to the SHC. Villain was just bluffing every hand and he couldn't have anything!
      The more I write in this blog, the more of a donkey I seem, it seems.... :D
      It's funny to rewind your pokerpast, and typing all these things about yourself. BUT w/e!

So ofcourse I tilted when I lost my first aces, ofcourse I tilted when I got struck by a bad beat/cooler.

I had little cash left, like $20. So I figured cashgaming was -EV.

I went to the SNG's. I played SNG's, and it went pretty good! I grinded myself up to $120. I was so proud of myself!
      I was already dreaming of the WSOP and I watched every pokershow on tv, basically I really LOVED poker that time.
      Pokerupswing---> life upswing.

But.

Pokerdownswing---> EEK! tilt...!
      In one day, I got busto :D I didn't cash like 9 SNG's in a row, so I wanted to win my money back. Playing higher limits, lost. tilt.... :rolleyes:

broke :)

So that is my blog.

I hope you enjoyed it.

j/k :) :rolleyes:

I still was in love with poker, I kept continue reading the blogs I did before. And than I read a blog about double or nothings.
      Thís guy, was so succesful! He went from a couple bucks to $2k in two months, not bad imo. I got inspired, read a dozen articles and watched a ton of video's for the ultimate preparation!
      I wanted to invest some of my own money to become succesful in Double or nothings. I invested $25, and it went really good!

With a nice bankroll: $800, I wanted to try something else, I wanted to SSS and bonuswhore. I wanted to cashgame again!
      So I read, reread all articles, watched as many video's as i could, and prepared myself!
      By that time I was posting a lot hands already, and really got into betting lines, FE, betsizes. I was really learning a lot.
      So I deposited $500 to partypoker, and then saw I couldnt bonuswhore because my first deposit was from pokerstrategy, lol!
      But I still had $100 to clear. I started SSS, and I got soooo boored, it's just boring.
      So I quitted with doing SSS, with no bonus cleared and $480 left, I began BSS'ing, ofcourse I read some articles and watched some video's.
      And in that time, I really wasn't bad. Well, so my BSS journey begun and I started playing NL10 with 48 BI's.
      I was running really good, hitted my sets, shipped my aces and kings and got really fast like 10 BI's.
      I thought I was ready for NL25, and started playing it. But I ran so awfull, no joking, I got really tons of bad beats.
      After playing that much, I cleared my bonus, I had $580 or something, so I lost some with BSS NL25.

Than there was the reload bonus of pokerstars, and I had played all these double or nothings on pokerstars, and just loved the network!
      So I returned to pokerstars with a $600 reloud bonus, which would give me $150 if I cleared it.
      And with the $300+$600, I played some more NL25. Really quickly I owned it and had $1k. Enough for playing NL50 BSS.
      I played a lot of hands, posted a lot of hands, and ran really good! I made some nice cashes in $4,40 180 man SNG's, and I hitted $1700!
      But than; I was playing about 10k hands break even and got frustrated about my winrate.

I lost the fun of playing BSS and went to NL50 HU.
      It was really interesting, the adjustments the money! It was sooo swingy, my roll went to $1400, than back to $1700, and than down to $1200 again.
      But I didn't really care, the money seemed only like numbers and I was having so much fun! So I just kept on playing untill I reached $900.
      Seeing only three digits gave me the shivers.

no good...

I realized playing HU was very -EV.
      My reload bonus was almost done, so I played some of this, and some of that. And had my roll back to $1140 or something.

So I wanted to start fresh, stop complaining and just play BSS again to reload my roll again.
      I cashed out $685, to put everything on PP again, and complete a reload bonus.

But.... My moneybookers wouldn't let me deposit more than $223... If I wanted to deposit more, I needed address verification.
      I applied it, and it would arrive between 2-5days.

In the meantime I got bored, and was stupid enough, to play some more NL50 HU.
      I'm not thát bad in HU imo... But obviously I need some training, I got broke after two days. Just standard variance, and obviously not playing very well.

So my determination of getting my roll fixed again, was bigger then ever! I had no patience, and just deposited $223 on partypoker to clear a $55 bonus and do the million dollar hand promotion.
      This was last week; Now, I am 12k hands further, finished my reload bonus, got $30 because of the promo. And left with $430 dollars. :)
      I am 10-12 tabling and I rarely time out, so I can play lots of hands :)

I have received the letter from moneybookers, and I can use everything again. =) :heart:
      Ánd I have received another $50 on pokerstars, because I won with a lottery ticket I earned by playing in the battle of the donkeys. :heart: :heart:
      I will try not to donk it away again, and I try to let the starsroll grow by playing NL10, 4-tabling.

With the other $900 bucks. I am going to deposit $600 on FTP, to play NL25 untill I have reached $1k again, and than I move to NL50 BSS.
      I do not want to play HU until I have reached a very! wealthy bankroll.

Now some of my goals:- Post as many hands as possible ( like always )
      :diamond: Reaching the $1k
      :diamond: Watching more video's
      :diamond: Keep updating my blog

What I am going to put in this blog:

:diamond: updates about bankroll and improvements.
      :diamond: Some interesting/funny hands.
      :diamond: graphs!!
      :diamond: and maybe more, :P

Hope you have had a nice time reading all of this :P
  • 6 replies
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Todays Juice!

I was still playing on partypoker today, and I have withdrawn all of it, but I will tell you how it went anyway :)
      I had a swingy day, I had one set-up, a bad beat, and a misplaced bluff. I was down to -200bb within 600 hands.
      But thankfully I had a comeback after grinding a lot of hands, and had after 2400 hands 180bb positive!
      But by playing some bad hands, and bad plays, I end up getting -20bb :( But it's okay, because I had $5 from the promotion, and another $11 of my last slack of bonus.

And some hands:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,00
      UTG2:
      $27,14
      CO:
      $3,80

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,25, 3 folds, CO calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, UTG2 raises to $4,00, CO folds, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($8,35) 5:diamond: , J:club: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $8,00, Hero raises to $21,00 (All-In), UTG2 calls $13,00.

Turn: ($50,35) J:diamond:
      River: ($50,35) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $50,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of jacks (Ts Tc)
      UTG2 shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Kc Kd)

Hero wins with a full-house, tens full of jacks (Ts Tc)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $39,91
      BB:
      $25,00
      Hero:
      $24,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,65, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,25) 6:heart: , J:heart: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $1,50, BB folds, Hero calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,25) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero raises to $4,74, SB calls $3,24.

River: ($14,73) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $10,00, Hero calls $10,00.

Final Pot: $34,73

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Ad Jd)
      SB shows a pair of fives (5d 5s)

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and jacks (Ad Jd)

NOW MY FAVOURITE:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $10,23
      Hero:
      $25,35

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , J:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 3 folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) 5:diamond: , 6:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1,80, MP3 calls $1,80.

Turn: ($6,45) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $4,59, MP3 calls $4,59.

River: ($15,63) Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3,00, MP3 calls $2,59 (All-In).

Final Pot: $21,22

Hero shows a flush, queen high (Th Jh)
      MP3 shows a pair of aces (Ah As)

Hero wins with a flush, queen high (Th Jh)
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Hello dear readers ( :rolleyes: )

The switch to FTP isn't going very well. I think it's very fishy, but variance struck me I think. I played 2636 hands, and lost 4 Buy-ins, I am losing ton of coinflips, and ofcourse there are leaks. Now its time to find them....

You see a huge downfall at the beginning, and than I almost play b/e for 1500 hands. (+60bb)

The graph:

Tonight I will play some more hands, and try not to think about this afternoon.

Some hands:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:diamond: , 2:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      4 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 3:club: , 4:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,50, Hero raises to $2,00, CO raises to $6,60, Hero raises to $24,75 (All-In), CO calls $18,15 (All-In).

Turn: ($50,10) 4:heart:
      River: ($50,10) 5:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $50,10

Hero shows a straight, five high (5d 2s)
      CO shows a full-house, threes full of fours (3h 3s)

CO wins with a full-house, threes full of fours (3h 3s)

This guy was just a huge donkey

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $27,86
      BU:
      $16,02

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      6 folds, BU calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,50, BB folds, BU calls $1,25.

Flop: ($3,25) 3:diamond: , 6:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,25, BU raises to $14,52 (All-In), Hero calls $11,27.

Turn: ($32,29) T:club:
      River: ($32,29) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $32,29

Hero shows a pair of sixes (Kd 6d)
      BU shows a pair of eights (8s 7h)

BU wins with a pair of eights (8s 7h)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $2,00, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $6,00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $4,00.

Flop: ($12,35) 3:diamond: , 6:spade: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $7,65 (All-In), Hero calls $7,65.

Turn: ($27,65) A:club:
      River: ($27,65) 9:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $27,65

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixes (Ks Kc)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and sixes (Ad Kd)

MP2 wins with two pairs, aces and sixes (Ad Kd)

and a set-up:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 6:club: , 6:heart:
      UTG1 folds, Hero calls $0,25, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,25, 4 folds, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) 7:club: , 8:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($2,85) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2,00, Hero calls $2,00.

River: ($6,85) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,00, MP3 calls $4,00.

Final Pot: $14,85

Hero shows three of a kind, sixes (6c 6h)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, tens (Tc Ts)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, tens (Tc Ts)

Ofcourse I didnt only lost;

My biggest pot won: to bad he didn't call at the river

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:spade: , 8:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1,00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1,00, Hero calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,35) 7:heart: , 6:diamond: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $3,00, MP3 calls $3,00, Hero calls $3,00.

Turn: ($12,35) 9:club: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $8,00, MP1 calls $8,00, MP3 folds.

River: ($28,35) J:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $24,34 (All-In), MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $28,35

Hero shows a straight, nine high (8s 8h)

Hero wins with a straight, nine high (8s 8h)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Holy shit you write alot.
      I'm off to bed, I forgot to read it to day so I'll do so tomorrow.

:D
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Yes, I will slow down from now on :) But I post many graphs and hands too, so it seems a lot fast :)

After yesterdays horrible session, I got a major comeback. I completed my first $20, and got 313bb in just 589 hands. Thats over three Buy-ins.

I will post some hands in the hand judgement section, and I hope I can interest some people with this blog.

If not now, hopefully later ;)
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Hey Tim, looks like you had a nice little upswing today. I didn't catch it in your first post, what site do you play on?
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      I moved to FTP, and clear the first deposit bonus.
      Yes, I could use a tiny upswing :) So the timing was great.

So after 3.2k hands, I'm playing b/e :)
      I want to play like another 800~1000 hands tonight, so I will open some tables :)

played 650 hands :) And won another 100bb :)
      And a regular beat that could give me another 220bb, but the fish is lucky.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , A:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, 2 folds, BB calls $2,75, MP3 raises to $5,00 (All-In), Hero raises to $15,00, BB raises to $29,93 (All-In), Hero calls $10,00 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($55,10) 4:spade: , 6:club: , J:diamond:
      Turn: ($55,10) 8:heart:
      River: ($55,10) 5:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $55,10

Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ks Ad)
      MP3 shows high card ace with queen kicker (Ac Qd)
      BB shows a straight, nine high (9d 7d)

BB wins with a straight, nine high (9d 7d)

And some epic misclicks:

Wanted to shove, but clicked on the bet button, instead of the all-in button.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10,00
      MP1:
      $14,01
      Hero:
      $27,28
      MP3:
      $15,34
      CO:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP1 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,50, MP3 calls $1,50, CO calls $1,25, 2 folds, BB calls $1,25, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($6,35) 7:club: , 7:heart: , Q:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $5,00, BB folds.

Turn: ($16,35) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10,00, CO calls $10,00.

River: ($36,35) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, CO calls $0,25.

Final Pot: $36,85

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens (Ks Kd)
      CO shows two pairs, queens and nines (Qs 9s)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sevens (Ks Kd)

Wanted to bet $2, I guess this works fine also. :D

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $24,36
      MP3:
      $25,00
      CO:
      $10,00
      Hero:
      $25,35

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , J:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,25.
      UTG1 calls $0,25, 3 folds, MP3 checks, CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $5,00, 5 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,35

Hero shows high card ace with jack kicker (Ac Jh)

Hero wins with high card ace with jack kicker (Ac Jh)