Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $4.20
      Hero:
      $12.48

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($4.15) Q:heart: , 5:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.20 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.35

Shove pf to these stats? I was wary of his W$SD.
      I cant call flop right?
  • 9 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Meh. If you 3bet him pfr, why are you just calling the 4bet against midstack? You can't be expecting to play for set value, so you need to shove or fold (you cant even call for set value preflop since you don't get the implieds). After I decide to 3bet, I definately shove. If I'm deciding wheither to just fold preflop or go for the 3bet/shove,I would go for the shove.
      JJ vs midstack? I shove :D some might not agree with me though (weak people! :P ) But even if he looks kind of tightish (not that tight for FR though), we don't know what he goes broke with.. unless we pay up ;)
    • williamtywong
      williamtywong
      Bronze
      I think you are way behind in this hand preflop already. Shove/Fold to his 4bet, but I think I would fold.

231 hands is a decent number for VP$IP and PFR numbers to be pretty decent. JJ might beat his 10% range on a raise, but when he reraises you, it's clear that he probably has (at best case scenario for you) JJ+, AK. Probably more like QQ+. Furthermore, since you are on BU, he won't see your reraise as blind defence, which means he knows you have decent cards. Yet he is still reraising.

He also appears to be a decent, winning player (good W$SD to WTS ratio), so you need to give him some credit that he isn't some random fish.

Finally, I think when he reraised you, it's safe to say that his range is probably

JJ+, AK I don't see him reraising you with TT or AQ. You tie JJ, and are ahead of AK, but at huge disadvantage to rest.

So, all in all, I think fold is the best option.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Decent winning player who plays 21/10 and sits with half a stack, I disagree :P
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      am shoving here too :) he's way lose...
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      No way in hell I`m folding JJ vs 42BB guy
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Folding, 21/10 would have an incredibly narrow 4bet range. KK+. Everything else would have called a 3bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: 3bet/shove.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Because of Equilator and his small stack?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by veriz
      Because of Equilator and his small stack?
      Exactly. You can't really call there. If you already decided to 3bet there then you are going broke if he raises you.