Best way to ease into HU from FR

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Should I move from FR to SH and try to beat atleast a limit or 2 there (I dont play anything over Nl100 yet though). OR if I have the bankroll can I start out at like NL25 or NL50....Id prefer to start at NL25 so I am not so worried about doing damage to my BR while learning this new format (I am a BR nit)
  • 5 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I think HU is completely different than the rest.
      So no need to visit SH-tables first imo.
    • Ninja666mdk
      Ninja666mdk
      Bronze
      If u r playing tight (nitty) at FR then going to the HU is suicide.

Play SR at first. Then try to learn LAG style and after that u can try to play HU.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ninja666mdk
      If u r playing tight (nitty) at FR then going to the HU is suicide.

Play SR at first. Then try to learn LAG style and after that u can try to play HU.
      I don't think u need to learn LAG style before going HU.
      I went from SSS FR to BSS SH where I played for 1 month with 18/16 stats and now playing HU without any problems as far as I can see...
    • Ninja666mdk
      Ninja666mdk
      Bronze
      U can play nitty, but it is very good to know opponent. And when good LAG player finds u it is very good to know what style he plays and what he can have.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I know about LAG and TAG strategy I am able to start opening loosely if I find I am at a tight table or I can tighten up if its a loosetable... but I am more worried about postflop play in HU because in FR I can be pretty tight since theres no real need to get fancy unless you have a read on someone (I do fire 2 & 3 barrel bluffs, check-raise with air in FR but only in specific spots with specific opponents). Is it sorta the same thing in HU.. play sort of a standard tight style early (try to play smallish pots early unless you get a big hand) get some reads/tendencies then try to adjust to him (eg. loosen up vs a tight player, tighten up vs a loose player?) is it more important to find out how he plays his strong/weak draws, overpairs, TPTK and 2pair+ hands...