This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Best way to ease into HU from FR

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Should I move from FR to SH and try to beat atleast a limit or 2 there (I dont play anything over Nl100 yet though). OR if I have the bankroll can I start out at like NL25 or NL50....Id prefer to start at NL25 so I am not so worried about doing damage to my BR while learning this new format (I am a BR nit)
  • 5 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I think HU is completely different than the rest.
      So no need to visit SH-tables first imo.
    • Ninja666mdk
      Ninja666mdk
      Bronze
      If u r playing tight (nitty) at FR then going to the HU is suicide.

Play SR at first. Then try to learn LAG style and after that u can try to play HU.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ninja666mdk
      If u r playing tight (nitty) at FR then going to the HU is suicide.

Play SR at first. Then try to learn LAG style and after that u can try to play HU.
      I don't think u need to learn LAG style before going HU.
      I went from SSS FR to BSS SH where I played for 1 month with 18/16 stats and now playing HU without any problems as far as I can see...
    • Ninja666mdk
      Ninja666mdk
      Bronze
      U can play nitty, but it is very good to know opponent. And when good LAG player finds u it is very good to know what style he plays and what he can have.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I know about LAG and TAG strategy I am able to start opening loosely if I find I am at a tight table or I can tighten up if its a loosetable... but I am more worried about postflop play in HU because in FR I can be pretty tight since theres no real need to get fancy unless you have a read on someone (I do fire 2 & 3 barrel bluffs, check-raise with air in FR but only in specific spots with specific opponents). Is it sorta the same thing in HU.. play sort of a standard tight style early (try to play smallish pots early unless you get a big hand) get some reads/tendencies then try to adjust to him (eg. loosen up vs a tight player, tighten up vs a loose player?) is it more important to find out how he plays his strong/weak draws, overpairs, TPTK and 2pair+ hands...