Payment/Withdrawal, what's best method?

• Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Allo. I'm from South Africa. What this means is that I'm far away from the real world, deep in the middle of nowhere. Our banks do not see past our borders and 90% of the payment/withdrawal methods for the poker rooms do not work.

The only options available to me are moneybookers/credit card. I'm not all that clued up on how it all works, though. To those of you that also come from a backwater country, which method will likely have lower banking fees, and be more secure?

Y'see, Moneybookers has a local presence in one of our banks, and that is why I can use it. I can just do a bank transfer to their local account and it'll reflect on my moneybookers account. However, I have to use my credit card to withdraw from moneybookers (blegh).

I've been playing with my starting capital, and now want to try playing at another site, but I've not made any deposits previously and would just like to hear some comments. :)

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Ejeckt,

I would recommend using Moneybookers. Once you have your account activated (can usually be done by just depositing a tiny bit with your credit card) you can shuffle around money online without fees until you want to get it offline again. The fees for getting it back to your credit card usually aren't very high - and if you don't plan on actually transferring very often between CC/Moneybookers but just between MoneyBookers/Poker rooms its definitely a cheaper alternative than regularly using your creditcard.

Only important thing is to have the Moneybooker account in the currency that you will be having your poker accounts in - since otherwise you get slaughtered on the exchange rates.

A very short guide on the entire process can be found here: The First Deposit Bonus Guide (including your various options on where to go next).

If you have any more questions just ask :)

Best regards
      SoyCD