One a day freeroll

• lekingofkings
      lekingofkings
      Bronze
      I was just thinking about the one a day freeroll in the iron man challenge. Did anybody play it last month? (Since it is new I am not even sure if it was on last month. ;) ) Is it worth playing or are you better off just taking the 15 Iron Man medals?

Best regards

/Björn
  • 6 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      I qualified for it, never played it tho. I'm not sure how valuable the medals are, but any winnings you earn in the freeroll comes out of rakeback. So I just decided to avoid it altogether, because unless i shipped it or at least final tabled it, it didn't seem worth the time.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      if you plan to collect medals I suggest that you do not play in any of the freerolls and just accumualte the extra medals for them. Also IronMan challenge is more of a long term challenge because for every additional month you keep "ironman" status you get more bonus medals... and you cant get anything good unless you save up your medals for awhile. Also you lose rakeback from playing in the freerolls always keep that in mind.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I played and it seemed like a fairly weak field.

I believe:
      - If you play and lose it does not affect rakeback.
      - If you play and win you lose your winnings in net rake. Which is equivalent to losing 27% of your winnings in rakeback. So if I win $100 I have in reality only won $73.
      - 15 medals are worth $2.5 if put towards the cheapest bonus or $2.8 if put towards a $26 token.

Of course if you take the bonus you still lose that in rakeback so I believe if you have the time/inclination it is better to play the freeroll.

I am yet to make it to the money though. My AA got cracked by 24. Lol.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just to clarify things a little:

Each Medal earnt is worth approx 17 to 20 cents (Valued by the extra bonuses you can buy in store).

If you don't enter the 1 a day freeroll, you will receive an additional 15 medals (worth approx $3)

If you do enter the freeroll, an amount equal to the total prize pool divided by the total number of entrants will be deducted from your rakeback (i.e. the added value per player that Full Tilt invests in the tournament). This is deducted irrespective of whether you cash in it or not.

Same calc applies to all freerolls and other added value tournaments (eg. 1 seat guaranteed, $500 added etc).

Hope this clarifies the situation, any problems/further questions, just shout.

Bart
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      And how is it with this bonus what can I buy, its deducted from rake too? If yes, how (some mathematics pls). For exaple if I buy this 600 bonus what this cost me from rakeback.

Thanks a lot, qwery1.
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      I didn't play the One-a-Day Freeroll in March. It didn't seem to be worth it to me considering first place only got like $150 out of 1,500 people. Realistically, I felt like I would've busted around 120-130 place for a measly $3.