This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PLO200 - AQJT 3bet pot vs LAG

• Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      Omaha Pot Limit - €1/€2 - 6 players

UTG (Hero): €342.41 (171 bb)
      MP: €523.23 (262 bb)
      CO: €864.80 (432 bb)
      BU: €223.05 (112 bb)
      SB: €461.00 (231 bb)
      BB: €1,714.50 (857 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€3) Hero is UTG with A Q T J
      Hero raises to €6, MP 3-bets to €21, 4 players fold, Hero calls €15

Flop: (€45) 7 7 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets €24, Hero calls €24

Turn: (€93) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets €45, MP calls €45

River: (€183) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets €180, MP calls €180

Villain plays 55/26 with 13% 3bet. So his range obviously a pretty wide. Think calling pre is the best play. On the flop it's an easy c/c. The Turn gets really interesting. I think it's hard for him to have a boat here. I feel like he will often check his hand back on the Turn so donking seemed to be a good play. Of course I didn't wanna commit fully so I went for half pot bet. I think he's kind of doomed to call many hands to my sizing that I'm obviously way ahead of. If he pots the Turn I think I fold. So plan was to b/f Turn half pot. The River blanks and now we have a decision. What kind of hand can he have. Missed fd is unlikely as we block two broadway spades which would be a huge part of his range. We also block the typical rundown that he can easily have with his high 3bet frequency. He can obviously still have a boat. Ingame I was thinking what does he think that I have here. And I felt like in this spot I should really be polarised. Considering he seems to be on the aggressive side of things I expect him to raise a boat on the Turn and continue all his draws and showdown value. I can be wrong of course but in this situation potting looked great to me. He can hero call with trips or overpairs vs busted flushdraw for example. He can also have a weaker straight T6 or 65 that he can hero. I think if you wanna bet River it has to be pot. That's just my opinion though.

Unlike all my other hands I'll reveal villains hand this time as I was surprised by it. His actual hand made my play so much better but I want other opnions on it as he can obviously have other hands too. I think the whole thing stands on falls on the Turn though.

MP mucks Q A 6 5 (a straight, Five to Nine)

Before I forget. Villain is actually up a decent amount of money and he didn't look like a monkey but more like way too lose. So I wouldn't consider him being a fish or anything unless future shows different.
  • 9 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Why flop is an easy check-call? Why would check-raise be bad? :)
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      I see the advantage of raising here. I had a feeling though that he will most likely bet/broke with aces. Interesting anyway, I feel like I rather raise flop vs some guy playing 26/18 or something similar. Vs guys that are hard to read I tend to play more passive but maybe that's a leak of mine. Wouldn't it be better if we raise flop with a fd that's not to the nuts? Hm well then he's more likely to have it. But I feel raise/folding the nfd doesn't seem to be a good idea. Oh boy that's tough
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Why are you thinking he has Aces? If he is 3betting 13% he has AAxx 1/5 times. You have one Ace, so he has Aces 1/10 times.
    • Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      ye with the additional gutshot a xraise otf is very promising. theoretically I think the play is correct on all 3 streets but there is a range elasticity going on against those loose fisches, because he maybe thinks more in terms of absolute money than relative compared to potsize. so I would make the standard value bet of 60-70% to get the value from his whole calling range trips, overpairs etc for sure.
    • Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      ye and I usually also 4bet this hand preflop for value. you clearly have a range advantage against full 13%
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Range advantage? Looks pretty even to me.

• Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      equity distribution is not the same like range advantage

range advantage is when you dominate the range of your opponent

14% contains high pairs QQ+ where u are in bad shape.
      around 10% AKN combos where u also are dominated

the rest you are even or ahead. like all smaller doublepairs, pair+connector like T998ds. (I used the 12% 3bi range from PJ)

that means, when the flop comes, you hit better. Better twopairs, better kickers, higher flush, better straightdraws etc.. -> range advantage
      it also takes into account playability and handstrength distribution on the next street. Equity is more relevant, when there would be no more streets to play basically allin situations or pot odds decisions
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      True. But when you 4bet you give up playability. Small SPR is like preflop allin. No room to make moves, just raw equity. Great hand in SPR 3-4.
    • Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      ah ye.. you are right.