This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

11$ wcoop bounty builder BTN vs SB

• Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      hey guys,

i think this is an interesting spot. dont have the actual hh but heres a screenshot. btn openshoves here and hero iso shoves.

i used hrc to go into some detail and im wondering if i did that correctly.

so i recreated the spot. added the bounties and set the 1st price money to 0,1$ as its irrelevant so early on. hrc chose a much looser range for btn shove here which didnt seem to be accurate to i reworked it a bit to a standard that makes sense imo. i stil think its a little too loose but feel like its okay.

what do you guys think about this spot?
  • 7 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      He's shoving almost a 19bb stack and I think the range you gave him looks wide already and he can easy have a capped range that he would raise hands like QQ+ and shoves the rest. I would fold 85s and wait for a better spot.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      alright thx :)
    • maniac
      maniac
      Silver
      btw just search for the tourney number in your stars folder. Tourney HH should be there.

greets

maniac
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      wasnt my hand thats why i just had a screenshot
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi to all. First of all if u put in $0.1 as a pay out then u did it wrong. Why? Because u put in for calculations ICM not Chip EV.

For further calculations I would recomend u to use CEV for spots before bubble and before final 2 or 3 tables.

GL at the tables
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That shoudn't make to much difference if you put a prize for the winner only or use Cev in HRC. It's the same I think.
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      At my first respond I wasn't at home so I take a second look in HRC and I get slightly different ranges. Maybe little bit more difference is when SB fold and BB call.

One thing that I recognize is if u put calculations in CEV u don't have option to add bounties. So I will take ICM option with only first place prize when reviewing bounty tournaments in HRC.

Ranges are super different if u use CEV over ICM. Not so much for open shove, but for callers if someone open shove are. Especially if caller can take bounty.

So I need to correct myself and say always use option like @Lasso did for bounty tournaments. And yea it is no difference if u use ICM with only first place prize, because that is in fact CEV. Right?

I also realize that @Lasso calculate with 3 opponents and not with 6 as how many is sitting at table. I also make calculations with 6 players and results are slightly different then with 3 but yea more or less for BB call if BU open shove and SB fold. Anyway if u study spots, then it is better to put in all espects then make it easier. Because u might miss some EV ;)

Gl at the tables!!