This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH, QJ. 2 Callers preflop

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10.05
      MP3:
      $19.18
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , J:heart:
      MP3 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, BU folds, SB calls $0.23, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.80) J:diamond: , 3:spade: , 9:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.65, MP3 calls $0.65, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, MP3 raises to $7.30,Hero ????

It was a tough one, no real stats. 60 VPIP over 6 hands so probs fish :D
      Had my cursor over call but chicken out. Put him on 2 pair or something like that. Could be a draw or stone cold bluff!
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You goto fold.
      He has you beat.

6 hand sample means nothing.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Limp-coldcall preflop is a PP line.

Call, re-raise is effectively check-raising you and again a line for that same PP that hit a set. Absolutely certain that villain has 33 or 99 here and isnt scared of T8 / QT chasing str as limping them into a raised pot is generally a retarded thing to do. He desperately wanted to keep you in the pot to triple down and having you re-raise probably made him very excited...

In that excitement MP3 has overbet without caring to measure out a bet that TP would call, letting you get away cheaper than you should have since you didnt hear the villain screaming "HI I HAVE A SET" with his betting lines :)
    • soucy
      soucy
      Bronze
      I agree with Jaissica.

MP3s line with limp/call preflop and call/3bet on the flop is polarized to a pocket which have hitted a set. So you have to fold your TPMK.