This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Micro SNGs to build a bankroll?

• CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Hello everyone!

What is the best way/format to build a bankroll in the micros these days?

9 player SNGs/90-180 man SNGs/Double or Nothing SNGs/MTTs?

I'm really interested in hearing your opinion.

Also: do you think is it a good strategy to play Double or Nothing SNGs starting from the 1.1$ win two of them, than play a 2.2$, win two of those, than register to a 4$, etc. ?

Thanks in advance! :f_drink: :f_cool:
  • 15 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I would go for the 9 man SNG's, They have less variance and is less complicated than the DON SNG's. If I would play DON's you can better have a bankroll of 50 buy-inns than taking shots what you suggest.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • OldSchoolPapa
      OldSchoolPapa
      Bronze
      i think it depends on wich site you plan to play , the field you will be up against and stake you want to play in.
      On the risk/reward ratio side i think 180-Man SNGs are more profitable but you spend also much more time to play and wait the registrations to be filled.
      9-Sngs are pretty nice and profitable with less variance against the right field. On the lowest micros against a recreational field the variance increase way much more even if peoples tend to say it's better to play against recreative players .... well it's true and it's not depending on the volume of games you put in i guess.

Kind Regards,
      J-C.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Thank you for the answers guys!

I play most of the time on Stars and Party. On Stars mostly MTTs, and on Party DONs and 9 man SNGs.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      If you play in stars then why not 27-45 player sngs? Less variance then 180man and les regs then 9player.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Gold
      Micro 9man turbo KO seem nice. Since last few weeks I played 415 of them so far and the biggest "downswing" I recorder was only 14 buyins :f_cool:
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Yeah, I play 9man SNGs, but mostly on Partypoker.
      I'll give a try to 27-45 SNG. I played some 180 players, because everybody said it is printing money, but actually I think it is pretty tough to reach the final table.

Thanks for your input guys! :f_drink:
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Gold
      SnG traffic on PartyPoker so very sad :f_cry:
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Originally posted by adasko99
      Oh yeah, that's very true unfortunately.
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      I have build a roll with HU Hyper Sngs.
      These games are super soft on microstakes.
    • Porter83
      Porter83
      Bronze
      I can recommend the 45SNGs on Stars. Especially when you follow the SNG Plan of pokerstrategy.
    • And3street
      And3street
      Bronze
      Thank you for this thread. I had the same question in my mind. For me I play everything depending on my mood. I can say that the biggest profit at micros I had playing 90 man KO at 1.5$ with 40 roi in 500 games. It really depends on your style and what you like.
      The advise given up is very good and I agree with everything was said.
      GL and stay focus on your path:)
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      Def 9-Man , 180-Man is gonna take a lot more to be a winning player, more variance, more aspects of the game consider, I think 9Man is what gives you the FrameWork for moving onto SNG Mtts
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      ^^ This
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      Yes, that´s a problem I just wanted to mention. I don´t know if it´s still possible to play only one format. Traffic on 9-mans is on many rooms usually poor (except for Stars and ......?). I played 9-max and 6-max Sngs for a while and switched to double or nothings and MTTs, one of the main reasons was too low traffic at the SnGs.

On Partypoker the traffic is way better at DONs and they got super soft. Events like Monster Series brought tons of fishes to the tables and now the DONs up to 5.50 $ are really super soft.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Originally posted by Primrose6789
      Yes, that´s a problem I just wanted to mention. I don´t know if it´s still possible to play only one format. Traffic on 9-mans is on many rooms usually poor (except for Stars and ......?). I played 9-max and 6-max Sngs for a while and switched to double or nothings and MTTs, one of the main reasons was too low traffic at the SnGs.

On Partypoker the traffic is way better at DONs and they got super soft. Events like Monster Series brought tons of fishes to the tables and now the DONs up to 5.50 $ are really super soft.
      Yes, I agree. The DONs are pretty soft on party.