This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] better fold turn?

• diabloykiss
      diabloykiss
      Bronze
      I think I have to call maybe he bets with draw or worse K. river I think I'm against AA or AK most of the time.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 210.4 BB (VPIP: 58.97, PFR: 7.69, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 39)
      UTG: 239.2 BB (VPIP: 24.49, PFR: 20.41, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 49)
      MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 16.36, 3Bet Preflop: 6.98, Hands: 112)
      Hero (CO): 118 BB
      BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 25)
      SB: 112 BB (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 23.33, 3Bet Preflop: 13.79, Hands: 62)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:spade: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.6 BB, fold

Flop: (13 BB, 4 players) 4:diamond: 3:diamond: K:heart:
      SB checks, MP bets 12.4 BB, Hero calls 12.4 BB, fold, fold

Turn: (37.8 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      MP bets 28 BB, Hero calls 28 BB

River: (93.8 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      MP bets 45 BB, fold

MP wins 90 BB

thoughts?
  • 5 replies
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Silver
      Pre-flop and the flop are ok.
      If he has an ace the turn gives him a straight-draw, that joins the possible flushdraw he had on the flop.
      I'd raise OTT simply because there are a lot of cards that he can catch on the river (diamonds, deuces and the ace). If he calls OOP I'm pretty much done.
      River looks like value. The way he played the hand makes me think he had a strong pocket pair or a set. OTR I think you can exclude the AX's type of hands he could have.
      You could be ahead if he has JJ, QQ. AA, AK are also possible and you're beaten. I'd tend to fold here against 3 barrels OOP.
    • Ihuarraquax
      Ihuarraquax
      Gold
      I would fold too.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Pre is fine. I like to mix in some 3bets sometimes but calling is ok.
      Flop and turn are ok imo. I wouldn't raise TPGK just because villain could have some draws.
      River could go either way. At NL5 3 barrel line is often underbluffed and we could overfold. On the other hand KQ is one of your best hands here, and at NL5 a bit smaller bluffs are common. When you go to a bit higher limits, let's say NL25 and above, then you probably start seeing more 60-100% bluffs and overbet bluffs. But at lower limits it looks like when people bluff they just can't pull the trigger and ship it :) So I'm not sure if I would say his riverbet looks like it is only value every time. And because he bets less than half pot, you must be correct less than 25% of the time.

So, I wouldn't hate calling OTR but I guess considering the population tendencies, villains tight stats over a small sample and so on, I think you played it well. When you are not sure if you should call or fold, I prefer folding.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Looks good to me
      The paired river should really stop draws from bluffing and there's just KJcc KJdd maybe KTcc KTdd you beat from value bets
      They are possible bets with 50% bet on the river but I'd expect a check from them a good amount also
    • MLima1984
      MLima1984
      Bronze
      The Villain didnt really made it easy for u hey?:p

Hmm i think i wouldnt 3bet pre but call is ok too.
      When he cbets otf agaisnt 3 players with a pot size bet, to me he is saying he has good hand and is protecting agaisnt draws.
      The continued agression and pot sizes r hints to me that he isnt worried about that K, but he does worry about a FD and maybe SD.
      I would fold too