This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] BET/FOLD? CHECK/CALL? CHECK/FOLD?

• fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      I open UTG and 2 more people call. 3 way pot.
      Flop i catch TP, I bet 6bb in a pot of 10bb and Mp call.
      When he calls i think he has something like AJ AQ AT KQ KJ JJ KT and maybe some Ax suited, I think the pocket pairs he folds, maybe he do one call with TT and sometimes he can have something like QQ KK AA or AK.
      The turn is the best card for me and i do half pot and he calls. When he calls i think he has 2 pairs sets and soemtimes AT or TT.
      The river is a very bad card for me i think and which is the decisión??
      blockbet like 1/3 pot and if he rise i fold.? bet like halfpot for value and he raaise i fold? check-call basically any size?check-fold if he shoves?

How do you play this river?

PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 49.28 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 5)
      SB: 107.44 BB (VPIP: 27.08, PFR: 18.97, 3Bet Preflop: 7.00, Hands: 2,133)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 5)
      Hero (UTG): 101.4 BB
      MP: 111.28 BB (VPIP: 24.48, PFR: 19.61, 3Bet Preflop: 7.88, Hands: 18,465)
      CO: 109.16 BB (VPIP: 26.15, PFR: 14.62, 3Bet Preflop: 3.77, Hands: 134)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: T:club:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (10.4 BB, 3 players) A:diamond: K:club: J:spade:
      Hero bets 6 BB, MP calls 6 BB, fold

Turn: (22.4 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets 10.56 BB, MP calls 10.56 BB

River: (43.52 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
  • 4 replies
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      I would x OTF. Villains have straights and bunch of KJ. We have TP + GS, we don´t want to face a raise, so I think it fits into xc range just fine. Also if betting, I think u should go smaller. I think T is fine. OTR I would decide based on the sizing. I don´t see villain bluffing there often enough, so we can overfold imo. I think he´d have to turn something like KJ into a bluff. Ppl don´t do that :) .
    • d1amondhaze
      d1amondhaze
      Silver
      I do not think he often has JJ here so probably check call OTR and just like Mozzek said I would rather go check call OTF because you play OOP and your hand is not that good on the flop if he 3bets
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Silver
      I'd check the flop.
      That's a flop that supposely connects a lot with your UTG opening range, so a cbet is completely standard. If the villain didn't catch a piece of this flop, you won't get any action from him, which doesn't allow you to extract value from your good hand.
      OTF check-call I think is the best play overall. Check-raise is better than cbetting because you get some more of his money in the pot, but the effect is pratically the same: make him fold if doesn't have nothing; make him continue with hands that beat you.

You get the nuts on the turn so it's time to start building the pot. Besides, it's likely he has caught something on it too, so just go for value here with something around 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot.

River is nasty. I can't see any reason for betting here.
      He called your turn bet and now the board pairs... There's not much you beat here he'd call with I think.
      - AK, KK, AA, QQ are unlikely because of the pre-flop action.
      - JJ, QJ, QK are now full-houses and consistent with how the action unfold up to this point.
      - You block TT, AQ, AJ, AT.
      - AT, TT, QT are the only hands you split the pot with. The rest you lose to. But you block this hands.

So OTR I'd just check-call his bet if it's not too big.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      Check the floop seems fine. Nearly all Ax hands in his range beat you.
      xc river.